Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any great deals on guns from dealers?? I'm not seeing any, really. I see some guns that aren't as outrageously priced as others. This past summer or spring, there were so many good deals that it made your head spin.

Some of the stand outs at Bud's during 2012 were:

- Taurus .327 Mag or .32 H&R revolvers were low very $200 at Bud's. They were phasing out of the .327 mags, I think.

- Last remnants of the Sigma S&W line were under $300 at many places. I got mine the year before (2011) for $299.

- Beretta had a $50 rebate the last part of 2012 - you could get a Px4 Storm for $349. Now I can't even find a storm.

- CZ had some Duty polymers for just under $400. Now the few they have left are 100 bucks more than that.

Okay, I understand the supply-demand thing. And there are a FEW bargains, I guess.

Bud's still has some pt22's for under 2 bills. And a new shipment of Mosin Nagents in great shape currently for $139. But these are kind of odds and ends. And I'm only seeing them at Bud's. Nothing locally. Last time I looked at CTD, I was shocked at the very high prices. CTD used to have killer prices last year.

What about you?? Are you seeing any deals out there?

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
No deals that I am seeing

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Dig deep enough and you can still locate a deal or two. Difference is they are one off deals, not mass cleareance offers or model discontinue specials. I think this whole go nuts thing hit right about the time many models were slated to be dropped and the new line hadn't been ramped up for production yet. Now everyone is facing a shortage of materials and fear.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
If the AWB doesn't pass and if their are no changes in magazine capacity...there's going to be a lot of crying, moaning and temper tantrums thrown by those that got stampeded into buying at outrageous prices.

If that scenario works out...it will take a little time for production to ramp up and meet the needs of new buyers. Prices, under this scenario, should come down some and decent prices will reappear.

Ammo prices may be more of a question. I've seen some folks speculate that the govt is soaking up ammo purchases which shortens supply and drives prices up. How long that can go on is anybody's guess.

Of course, I've been wrong before.

Reactions: mwj999

·
Registered
27 Posts
some of the shops here not only dont have deals, they dont have guns either. One newer shop had 3 handguns and had the tcp738 base model which msrp at $199, he was asking $220 and had no ammo for it. I went to Academy and bought the next one up witht the stainless slide, holster and two mags for $279. I bought all 4 boxes of 380 he had.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I'm not really a shill for Academy, I'm just cheap.:) Anyway, Academy still has the Tristar C-100 for $299.99. It's a Turkish CZ-75 compact clone, alloy frame, and takes CZ-75 compact mags. At least mine does. I like it. For the same price, they also have the S&W SD9VE, S&W SD40VE, and the Taurus PT-709. (Don't own any of these.) Actually, their offer on the Beretta 92FS or M9 at $599.99 is a bargain, considering that the price hasn't gone up since the Army adopted the Beretta in 1985, despite the absurd amount of new Monopoly money Uncle Sugar has put into circulation since then.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Lot of good deals still at the shop I work at, they just don't last long. Our owner doesn't hide the fact that he marks up firearms 10% and that means if we got it, it's for a good deal. Currently we have Taurus 709 and 740s for $281, which I think is a great deal. Also been selling a ton of Ruger SR22s for $293, had a couple dozen Ruger SR1911s for $599 and even a couple of the new commander sized SR1911s but none lasted long.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Lot of good deals still at the shop I work at, they just don't last long. Our owner doesn't hide the fact that he marks up firearms 10% and that means if we got it, it's for a good deal. Currently we have Taurus 709 and 740s for $281, which I think is a great deal. Also been selling a ton of Ruger SR22s for $293, had a couple dozen Ruger SR1911s for $599 and even a couple of the new commander sized SR1911s but none lasted long.

Curious, does your store sell either via the internet or phone and ship out of state to a FFL? If so is their shipping charges with in reason?

·
Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
There are good deals out there in the revolver market. That is the area to shop right now. Other prices will come down as this BS finally blows over.

Reactions: NYPD
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.