Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Midway USA has a good price on 15 and 20 round Baretta 92 mags. Will these work in my Taurus PT-92?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
nope, sorry both guns have different notches.

now there is a silver lining to this.. some magazines CAN be converted i've not yet found a beretta factory mag that could because of it's corners.. however a lot of aftermarket mags have more rounded corners making it possible to convert by filing out the mag catch notch.

the taurus has a stubbier but larger mag catch so the hole needs to be filed a little bigger.

so the short answer is NO, the long answer is YES but depends on the mag.

if those are beretta factory mags then i would'nt buy them with the assumption you can convert them.

i know this sucks because it would be so much better if both guns could use the same mags, i've yet to find anyone who makes a beretta compatible mag catch for the taurus.. that would be sweet!

·
21,932 Posts
I have converted a couple of Baretta mags to work in Taurus guns. When your done they look a little hacked up but they worked fine. I don't use them anymore as I have enough Taurus mags.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
airwrench you have converted beretta factory mags? or after market?
i've yet to find a beretta factory mag that would work because of the front edges on them are'nt curved enough to insert into my taurus, they get caught on the mag catch/release.

seems a lot of aftermakets will convert though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts