Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Mine is all PSA parts but it is my understanding there a few different series of the AR10. There is Armalite, DPMS gen I and, DPMS gen II, and who knows what other manufacturers have done. That is why I went with one manufacturer.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
What they said ^^^^.

All AR10's are not equal. Every company is different in some way and they are in no way as standardized as the AR15 platform. An upper may fit on a lower but will not look like it fits - and may have magazine issues or some such.
Best bet is to keep an eye on some place that offers them and either grab a complete AR10 or stick with PSA and watch for their sales and grab a lower and upper when available and at the right price for you.

Like this:
PSA Gen2 PA-10 MOE EPT Lower With Overmolded Grip - 516446483
or this:
PSA GEN2 PA10 .308 Complete Classic Lower Receiver - 77932912
and this:
PSA Gen2 PA10 18" Midlength .308 WIN 1:10 Nitride 15" Lightweight M-Lok Upper with BCG and CH

That's a complete AR10 for around $600 depending on transfer fee

[EDIT] I grabbed a PA10 about 6 months ago piece by piece and couldn't be happier. works like a champ and is pretty darned accurate to boot (>2moa at 100 yds with Tulammo). I need to dial in my loads a bit - I'm positive I can do better than that.

Reactions: jimb1972 and mingaa

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
The most universal parts for a AR10 are those defined as a SR-25 based on Knight Armament's design.

Remington, DPMS, Bushmaster, and POF are SR-25's. Armalite now makes both.

Rock River is their own pattern as well as Ruger, and LMT. However they are very close to the current Armalite's pattern, and the original Armalite isn't compatible with any current parts.

I think PSA is an SR-25 pattern.

Maloy

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I have most of the parts needed to start my LR308 build. It will be a 2018 project. I went with the DPMS pattern because parts seem the easiest to come by.

·
Premium Member
13,414 Posts
I also went with PSAs Gen 2 PA-10. I bought two uppers, one railed and the other iron sights. I don't think we'll ever see ARs of any kind get cheaper than they are right now, so it's a good time to acquire one. Thank you President Trump!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I also went with PSAs Gen 2 PA-10. I bought two uppers, one railed and the other iron sights. I don't think we'll ever see ARs of any kind get cheaper than they are right now, so it's a good time to acquire one. Thank you President Trump!
you do know that having two uppers just means that you need a second lower now, right? (I mean, at $159, holy cow!)

Reactions: BigBlue
1 - 8 of 8 Posts