Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Watched the torture test videos. I might have to give one a try.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kinda what I figured may happen, Ill just wait til this storm blows over and prices drop back down to more normal prices.

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
Foxbat, you are going to have to do a better job picking on the New Frontier lowers. The top pic you posted was a Bushmaster, and the busted lower wasn't a New Frontier either. The New Frontier lowers have molded trigger guards, not pinned ones that you can remove. Just look at the pic in the first link.

The bottom is a Vulcan arms.
http://www.vulcanarmament.com/cgist...p=1&ida=254&idp=1&his=0|1&cart_id=122985.1828

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
You got to love Orion.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Foxbat, you are going to have to do a better job picking on the New Frontier lowers. The top pic you posted was a Bushmaster, and the busted lower wasn't a New Frontier either. The New Frontier lowers have molded trigger guards, not pinned ones that you can remove. Just look at the pic in the first link.

The bottom is a Vulcan arms.
Vulcan Group Inc. [The Best-Built Firearms in the World!]
One thing they all have in common is that their made out of polymer, that sounds better than plastic doesn't it .

The take down pin holes and the rear of the lower where the buffer tube screws in will always be a weak point.

Now if people want to stock up on these thinking they will be Grandfathered in before some sort of AWB then I say go for it.

·
Registered
20,098 Posts
I'd build with one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
I would definately build one with a New Frontier lower. I would stay awa from anything Vulcan/Hesse/Blackthorne. I wouldnt even buy toilet paper from them. I have built two Plum Crazy ARs, sold them, and they are still running great. I know you should stay away from Slide Fire stocks because that will cause broken stock extentions/ears. But it is polymer, not aluminum

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.