Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my mostly finished .300 BLK pistol. It started life as an 80% receiver from Tennessee Arms. My relatively anti gun aunt bought it for me for Christmas last year. I just machined the lower two weeks ago and finally got it to the point of functioning today. I haven't shot it yet. The lower contains a PSA lower parts kit with a Magpul MOE grip. It also has a Shockwave Blade and a KAK receiver extension. Between the lower and the receiver extension is a law tactical style folding adapter. The upper was bought used from the AR15.com EE. It consists of a Spikes Tactical upper, Ballistic Advantage 9.5" barrel with an A2 flashhider and a Guntec MLok rail. I have temporarily borrowed the bolt carrier group from my 16" carbine to use. It also has a Raptor style ambi charging handle and is wearing a Bushnell TRS-25. The brace is set at the same length as an M4 stock on the first notch from fully collapsed. At this length the pistol is just under 26" overall and just under 19" folded. It still needs a sling, a light, and BUIS. I am thinking it might need some kind of rail cover if for no other reason than heat.

I plan for this to replace my Sub2k as my primary travel longarm. I like to be discreet when I travel so I like my travel guns to fit in something other than a gun case. I like the fact that since this is a pistol I can carry it loaded in my car and I cannot with the Sub2k. I plan to carry it condition 3 in either a messenger bag or a backpack haven't completely decided which yet.

Like all of the rifles I build I plan to test it with factory ammo before I start feeding it handloads.

The family pic shows a nice length comparison. The 16" carbine is a DSA mid length lightweight upper on a Plum Crazy lower. It is currently fitted with my .22 conversion since I've borrowed it's bcg. I'm planning on swapping it's furniture for something in grey. The 18" rifle is a GWACS (CAV Arms) MKII lower with a home built upper consisting of a home built TAC 2 discreet carry kit with a carbon fiber handguard. I have a 16" .300Blk barrel, an 18" .223 pencil barrel and a recently added .22 Nosler 18" stainless steel fluted heavy barrel that is on it in the pic. This rifle weighs under 6 lbs with the .223 barrel and a Nikon Prostaff 3-9X40 scope in high Weaver rings.

·
Super Moderator
37,226 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks nice.

Have you used that Poly receiver before?
Not this one but all of the rifles above have poly lowers. I like that it has threaded brass inserts for the receiver extension and grip screw. We'll see how it does. They make AR9 and AR10 lowers as well. I'm really thinking of building a 4.5" 9mm and a lightweight 18" .308. I'm not sure when or which will be first.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
Well, all put together, that's a really nice looking pistol. That would most certainly make an excellent trunk gun!

·
Premium Member
11,235 Posts
agree on he KAK. not a lot of noise reduction but you can feel the difference in the muzzle blast
Those next to you at the range will thank you.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Super Moderator
37,226 Posts
I think it should be illegal to sell a .223 pistol without something like a KAK :)>
I see that you found your Can O Worms opener! :D

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
898 Posts
like to open up a can of something on shooters using brakes on crowded ranges without some sort of baffling to isolate them

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Sweet little family you have there.:cool:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My 300 BLK with a Leupold Scope for utility use at the ranch for varmints, ranch security, and deer hunting.
Is that a 10.5"? I'm sure I'll have a real scope on mine for awhile for testing. I have an astigmatism that makes it hard to shoot red dots for groups.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts