Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I have a JP trigger I put in and it is very good, 3 Lb. trigger, breaks very crisp. I also went with the anti walk pins, there was some fitting and took a little time to install. The JP triggers are still pretty reasonable, the rolled trigger looks interesting. Years back when I put that trigger in there wasn't all the drop in triggers like today.

·
Super Moderator
35,499 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Imo, stay away from drop ins. I run larue mbt2s flat face well worth the price and cheaper than most drop ins.

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
In all honesty I can't vouch for the AR trigger kit, but the ALG, AK trigger assembly gave my AK a crazy lightweight boom switch. It scared the crap out of me the first time I shot it. The AR kit was about $75 bucks at my LGS, but I got sidetracked a couple of months back and haven't picked it up yet.

·
Super Moderator
40,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
In all honesty I can't vouch for the AR trigger kit, but the ALG, AK trigger assembly gave my AK a crazy lightweight boom switch. It scared the crap out of me the first time I shot it. The AR kit was about $75 bucks at my LGS, but I got sidetracked a couple of months back and haven't picked it up yet.
I got side tracked as well, have a rifle built with no trigger group in it. :( Work is getting in the way again.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I built a Bear Creek kit with an Anderson Lower. It had some problems with the recoil spring, which I remedied, and a creepy old milspec trigger group. A friend of mine tried to hone it to get out any rough spots and it smoothed out a bit but not good enough. I ordered a 3# straight non adjustable Velocity drop in trigger. I like it. It is about 5 lbs lighter and has no creep. Nice and crisp and no back travel...whatever you aficionados call it. It's my first drop in so I have no comparison...only tighter groups.

$130 at Midsouth at the time.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I have a “Velocity Triggers Classic AR Trigger - Curved Trigger Shoe (3lb)” on the way. It was priced right but no user experience yet. Details later after I use it.

It is part of a 6mm ARC build.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I have a couple of RRA 3.5# varmints, a Hyperfire 24E in my 7.62x39 AR with the lightest springs trigger pull is like 2.9#
A Geiselle/Brownells RFT its also like 2.9#
I have polished factory trigger assys and bobbed the hammer and added
JP 3.5#reduced trigger and hammer springs with a Joe bobs trigger grip screw that where insanely fastened smooth with no creep at all.

·
Registered
511 Posts
What are you using? My AR's have basic CMMG triggers that came with the lower parts kit, been thinking of ordering an up grade drop in trigger. So many options and prices. Where to start.

Anyone using a flat trigger? Thoughts? I'm intrigued.
I went the cheap route by buying a new set of Kaw trigger springs to lighten the pull in my ATI Omni Maxx 10.5" pistol. I also polished the sear which helped get rid of the grittiness the stock trigger had. Eventually, when I've saved enough money, I'm going to drop in a Franklin Armory binary.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Just installed my La Rue tactical MBT-2S trigger and love it. Extremely good quality , very crisp break and great reset. Will be buying another one.

·
Super Moderator
35,499 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought an entry level AR and have been upgrading the crap out of it. Actually have a Spikes Tactical barrel setting here dyeing to be put on. As for the trigger I went with what I knew and put in the Timney Impact trigger. Zero creep, 3 pound pull, clean break and nice reset. Not a flat face but very little curve. Can be had under $140.00.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts

·
Supporting Moderator
14,818 Posts
JoeBobs give a military discount in the brick and mortar. I don’t know if they do that online.

It’s a 2 hour, and four corners, one way, motorcycle ride for me.

Reactions: Czechbikr
21 - 36 of 36 Posts