Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you using? My AR's have basic CMMG triggers that came with the lower parts kit, been thinking of ordering an up grade drop in trigger. So many options and prices. Where to start.

Anyone using a flat trigger? Thoughts? I'm intrigued.

Reactions: hombre243

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have two CMC flat-faced drop-in triggers:

One is a 3.5 lb.....and the newest one (in my pistol) is a 2.5 lb.

They can be found for ~ $125.....and are an incredible value. I've never felt a $300 trigger.....but I can't fathom any of them being much better than the CMCs.

Little to no takeup.....clean break, no light strikes.....reset is crisp and like 2mm short.....and installs in like 5 minutes.

Not much to love about them! If I can answer any questions......let me know!

IMG_4923.JPG

IMG_E1985.JPG

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Was looking at the Flat CMC earlier today think it was $127 after discount and free shipping.

Also looking at a the Rise Armament trigger $124 after discount and free shipping.

I'm not looking to spend much over $150.

Reactions: paulky_2000

·
Registered
24,504 Posts
I have three ars with CMC triggers and they are about the best econo trigger out there.

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
35,553 Posts
My first one is a Black Rain Ordnance drop in that I am pretty sure is a BLO. It was either a blem or overstock and I got it for about 110.00 It's installed with standard pins tightened up with the tensioning pins in the body of the trigger. It's in my 1st AR-15.

https://www.primaryarms.com/black-rain-ordnance-drop-in-trigger-group-bro-dit

I'm looking for the second one that I bought and put in my pistol lower and haven't found it yet. IIRC it was 110.00 and inclided the anti-walk pins.

I don't think that you can go wrong with any drop in trigger that is touted to be a 3 or 3.5# unit. I prefer the curved trigger myself probably just because I'm a traditionalist.

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Super Moderator
35,553 Posts
Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Super Moderator
35,553 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,553 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,553 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
All of my ARs are now sporting Rise Armament RA-140s (straight blade/shoe) triggers now - at under a bill with anti-walk pins included, it's an easy upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
35,553 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was not as impressed with the Rise trigger as I was with the Larue MBT-2s. The POF 3.5 triggers are very god in the price range.
The Larue MBT-2 looks interesting, especially at $80. Going to do a little more research on that one. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I'm not sure I'm going to do anything to my trigger as it came with an upgrade. Its a single stage nickel boron trigger assembly.
Its a 16 carbine. If it was a 20" long range target or varmint gun I would. But this is a CQC plinker and I'm doing this at 100yds with flip up sights. I don't need anything more with this gun. She's doing fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
I use the RISE single stage drop in model RA140 (3.5lb pull) in my AR15 and AR10 rifles

At about $85 its a good deal and they install easily and perform well

·
Super Moderator
35,553 Posts
I just placed an order for a PSA lower for my orphaned CY Armory 5.56 pistol upper. One of the hesitations was thinking of having to spring for an additional 90-125 for a drop in trigger. Instead I opted for the EPT (Enhanced Polished Trigger) that they offer for an extra 20 bucks. It's a polished and nickel plated group. Hopefully that will satisfy my urge for a better than Mil Spec...if I need a lighter spring set, it will still be cheaper.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
JP spring kits are unbelievably good for 10 bucks. They are vastly superior to standard mil-spec. Anderson started using a stainless trigger and hammer in their LPK's. Combined with the JP springs it is surprisingly good.

It is not as good as triggers in the $135 but for many uses it is sufficient.

I'll just put it here again, LARUE MBT-2s $80

·
Super Moderator
35,553 Posts
^^ Those LaRue triggers do look really nice!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts