Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Motorcycle

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been faced with quite the difficult decision. I've had an opportunity come up for me to buy a '81 Yamaha XJ650, or to get an AR-15 which I have been wanting for such a long time.

I know there are some riders out there and I'd love to hear some opinions. This would be my first bike.

Thanks to all.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Unless your a mechanic, get the gun.
Save your money for a newer bike.
Not that, that is a bad bike, just with that age it WILL require some attention.
Make your first motorcycle experience a good one.
Take a MSF riders course when you decide to ride also. Be amazed what you will
learn.
I don't know much about motorcycles, been riding 35 yrs with
half million SAFE miles. My current bike has over 170k on it and I do the wrenching. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
That bike is nearly 30 years ago, finding parts could be a problem. It might save you enough in gas to get the AR after the summer though. So that's something to think about.

I'd say AR for political reasons. I don't see motorcycles becoming illegal anything soon.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Go for the AR...you may need something to shoot the bike with if it breaks down!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I say get the AR, if the bike was an XS650 which is a classic instead of the XJ, My answer would go the other way.

·
Administrator
17,592 Posts
aci said:
I'd say AR for political reasons. I don't see motorcycles becoming illegal anything soon.
+2 !

If you don't have one, you NEED one!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
As a guy in iowa who rides from february to november and loves his yammer hammer, go with the AR. If it's between the two it's one helluva a rifle and probably a shitty bike (no offense intended, but I don't BS). Buy the AR have a lotta fun with it and a little while down the road buy yourself a roadstar or stratoliner!

·
Registered
283 Posts
BIKE! I regret selling my bike everyday... Nothing like 2 wheels and the open road... Gf says I cant get a new bike.. Looks like I need to get a new GF! HAHAHAHAHa

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I've been riding for 26 years. I love my bike. Living in South Florida I ride all year round. That would be a tough decision for me. The only thing that would sway me towards the AR would be the possibility of them being banned.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
I had to vote for the AR-15.

·
Registered
67 Posts
AR-15 all the way!

How useful will that bike be when the zombies show up???

You can thank me later!

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
I've been into motorcycles to the point of racing them on a professional level for over 40 years. I don't particularly like tacticool guns with pistol grips and I'm not hooked on the AR platform being as my interest in rifles revolve around hunting. So, I'm biased. NEW MOTORCYCLE!!!!! Fortunately, I have an 01 SV650 that's only got 20K on it. I don't need to spend anything on a motorcycle for a while. I like that thing, lots of fun, though I could use a more comfortable seat, something I could stretch out on during a long ride. But, I don't take too many long rides, anymore.

Motorcycles are more expensive than guns, though. At the moment, I can't afford either. :bang:

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
How useful will that bike be when the zombies show up???
But, you can't ride an AR15 to work. :p

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I must say the bike. Must of us already have plenty of Gunzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Not saying that the AR15 is a bad choice but every now and them the bike will take you places the AR15 wont.

·
Registered
828 Posts
An AR-15 will get you through times without a motorcycle better than a mototcycle will get you through times without an AR-15.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Motorcycle is too old to be dependable , Parts will be too hard to come by quickly and you will like the more modern ones much better I think . Wait for a newer one 2000 at least would be my humble suggestion and that's getting old for a Japanese bike , unless it's low miles & extra nice .
John

1 - 20 of 46 Posts