Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey-o everyone! i've spent the past week up on the north-slope of Alaska, and am coming home on the 10th. My mom has a remote camp up here that she runs, and has let me use her AR-10 as my primary while i'm up here.
I am falling in love with this piece of hardware and am trying to come-up with ways i can justify buying one of my own.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Nice!
But I wouldn't put the bipod on the barrel.
Maybe swap out the shroud for a quad rail and mount the bipod there. Just my opinion.
Then all kinds of goodies could be added, laser, lights, etc.

·
Registered
24,848 Posts
Why justify? Just go and buy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@GWK1951 : I wouldn't be buying this exact rifle. I tried talking to my mom about the bi-pod and how having it barrel mounted would hurt thee barrel harmonics and throw off its accuracy, but that isn't her primary long range gun, she favors a 30-06 for range and a 45-70 lever-action for closer work.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
@GWK1951 : I wouldn't be buying this exact rifle. I tried talking to my mom about the bi-pod and how having it barrel mounted would hurt thee barrel harmonics and throw off its accuracy, but that isn't her primary long range gun, she favors a 30-06 for range and a 45-70 lever-action for closer work.
Okeedokee.
Besides, I found out quad rails aren't cheap.

·
Super Moderator
13,941 Posts
What kind of birds are those flying around in the pics? Or are those mosquitoes? :)
Those are mosquitos. Little ones, babies from last spring just learning to fly. (Been there, done that for several years in Alaska.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts