Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has Parkinson's and has struggled with night bedwetting. When she was in the hospital the other week for yet another bout with urinary tract infection, the nurse put her on a PureWick external female catheter that is connected to the wall suction. This kept her pretty much dry all the time she was in the hospital.

Once home, I contacted Liberator Medical and purchased the home version. It is kind of pricey as the suction unit costs $330 and a months supply of external catheters costs $207. We've used it now for 2 nights and it has kept her dry. It is not at this time insurance reimburseable.

https://www.homecaremag.com/hme-products/august-2016/purewick-system

Maybe this will help someone.

·
Super Moderator
35,064 Posts
My wife has Parkinson's and has struggled with night bedwetting. When she was in the hospital the other week for yet another bout with urinary tract infection, the nurse put her on a PureWick external female catheter that is connected to the wall suction. This kept her pretty much dry all the time she was in the hospital.

Once home, I contacted Liberator Medical and purchased the home version. It is kind of pricey as the suction unit costs $330 and a months supply of external catheters costs $207. We've used it now for 2 nights and it has kept her dry. It is not at this time insurance reimburseable.

https://www.homecaremag.com/hme-products/august-2016/purewick-system

Maybe this will help someone.
Thanks for the info. My wife wears those pads, seems to be working for now, but you never know when things will get worse.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The materials that make up the construction of the catheter are not all that complicated. In order to cut monthly catheter costs, one can actually clean/disinfect and reuse the blue colored catheter body and clear vinyl tube. This can be done by using a commonly available medical disinfectant called Control 3. The 2 other parts are replaceable and are made from common batting material and medical tubular gauze.

·
Super Moderator
35,064 Posts
Jeez. Maybe we need another thread...."How many times did you get up and pee last night". :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
17,697 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts