Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with the Tracker .45 ACP? They are attractive but how do they shoot?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had one for a little over a year now. I've shot 500-600 rds through it, mostly my own reloads but some factory ball as well. It is probably more accurate than I am, although I've only used it to pop steel plates. When I got it, I also acquired a stash of the Stellar clips to go with it. My only disappointment is that it won't handle 45 Auto Rim ammo. Other than that, its an excellent piece for woods carry, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had my 45cp Tracker for about 6wks. I've put 600 rounds through it. All reloads & it is a very accurate pistol. I like the ported barrell. The trigger is good, but I'll have my gunsmith work his magic on it in a few weeks when he has some time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Taurus Tracker 45 ACP.........

So I was at the gun show today and saw a screaming deal for a slightly used taurus tracker 45 acp! Well I ended up purchasing it! This is my first revolver and so far I am loving it! especialy the grips! When I got home from the show I took it out and fed about 50 rounds of 130g ammo through it. It shot great! only question is that when I went to eject the brass it was somewhat hard? I used the steller clips and pushed the ejector rod and the brass came out, but still not as easily as it should. Any suggestions? also I was just wondering if anyone else has this revolver and what they like or dislike about it. Thanks

·
Registered
790 Posts
Merged Topics- "Anyone with Experience Tracker .45 ACP" and "Taurus Tracker 45ACP"

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've owned one (4" Ti unported) for a couple
years. New, it would bind at the barrel. I put
my DMT knife hones on, it's been perfect since.
Maybe 2K thru it. Car gun. 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had a 6.5" ported, sold it, guy won't part with it! I really liked the ribber grip, you'll have to clean the front sight on the ported models after shooting, they soot up pretty good.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I purchased one in SS w/4" barrel about 4 years ago and I love it. It was my first revolver. It shoots great, very accurate, nice sights, comfortable grips, nice fit and finish. Oh, and she also kicks and sounds like a gun should! ;) It's infrequent but occasionally when shooting single action I'll find that the cylinder will fail to lock. I understand this is not uncommon with taurus revolvers. I've got a few 1000 rounds through her. I never use the stellar clips. For plinking I find the stellar clips too cumbersome to load up with ammo. Note that the ejector rod will not eject the shells without using the clip but simply tipping the barrel up and tapping the butt of the gun on the bench drops the shells out. This only works well with brass cases. Occasionally a case will hang up, especially with dirty chambers but they're easy enough to flick out with a finger nail. I found aluminum cases, e.g. Blazer ammo, bind up in the chamber. If you shoot non-brass cases I'd suggest using the clips.

Over all it's a fun plinker which I'd recommend to anyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts