Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use the SuperTuck Deluxe for the 24/7 Pro 9mm? Finding a deep conceal for this pistol is tough. We all have read posts about getting a holster specifically for this pistol so here's another.

I current use a nylon thumb snap with mag holder owb that I got for $20. It is clip or loop and does a pretty good job but I tuck my shirt and that gets hard to conceal.

So let's list those reviews of the SuperTuck Deluxe and any other deep conceals.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I carry my 24/7 Pro .40 in a Supertuck daily and I love it. Very good holster. It is adjustable for cant. As for deep conceal, the holster is nice, but you have a great big grip sticking out that tends to not want to hide very well. You won't get away with hiding it under a snug fitting shirt. But tucked loosely it hides fairly well.

By the way. I wear an undershirt between myself and the holster, then a loose button up shirt untucked over the gun. I rarely tuck over the holster.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I use the Crossbreed supertuck model to carry a Kimber 5" 1911 and i use another Crossbreed that carries both a Taurus PT140 and a Taurus 24/7 SS. Both work very well, they are comfortable over a long days carry, they hide very well and they are easy to get at when you need em. I find that a loose fitting shirt or dark T hides very well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Second_Life said:
Anyone use the SuperTuck Deluxe for the 24/7 Pro 9mm? Finding a deep conceal for this pistol is tough. We all have read posts about getting a holster specifically for this pistol so here's another.

I current use a nylon thumb snap with mag holder owb that I got for $20. It is clip or loop and does a pretty good job but I tuck my shirt and that gets hard to conceal.

So let's list those reviews of the SuperTuck Deluxe and any other deep conceals.
Had the Super-Tuck for several weeks now. Using it with a PT111. Really like it. Got it in the "horse hide". I did cut it down a little to better grip the handle. (You can order it... but, I wanted to do it my self.)

What position you use to wear it makes a big difference. I was placing it at about 3 o'clock. Had the handle printing a little. I noticed that by moving it around to 2:30 (more forward) and canting the front down one notch... made a big difference. The end of the handle, now, at about 3 o'clock and presses into my side just right. Very little print, even on a not-so-loose shirt. 8)

I do wear (matter of fact went out and bought a bunch of new shirts at Bass Pro) collared shirts that are loose fitting, but tucked in. Really happy with the Super-Tuck. For the money... it's just great! ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I haven't used the super tuck (yet) but have heard nothing but good things about it. I was highly considering some sort of shoulder holster at first cuz my friend uses one and loves it, but i think the super tuck would be more comfortable and more concealable. i will be ordering one next payday (thursday) and once it arrives and i get a chance to use it, ill let u know how i like it. Maybe if i can figure out how to post pics i will do that to haha

JT

·
Registered
509 Posts
What's better the regular clips or the J clips?
I have been considering this little holster myself.
It looks bulky and hard to me.
Does it feel bulky, like kydex does?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
TheBulldog said:
What's better the regular clips or the J clips?
I have been considering this little holster myself.
It looks bulky and hard to me.
Does it feel bulky, like kydex does?
I bought the j clips along with the standard clips. I use the j-clips for places that I really want to hide the gun. For instance, I travel 60 miles to see a basketball game where they do not allow weapons. They are not illegal, just not allowed. Since I don't want to travel all that distance to be kicked out for carrying, I put on the j-clips and tuck over the holster.

For daily carry, I prefer the standard clips. They put the weight of the gun & holster on the belt which, to me, is more comfortable. The j-clips put the weight on the pants.

It's not bulky at all. The kydex is thin. Maybe 1/16" thick. It feels much better than the kydex holster I had for my PT92. Granted it was a cheap kydex. So some of the more popular kydex may be more comfy than the one I had. But since the flat leather is against the body, I don't even feel the holster on me.

I'll try to post some profile shots of it this weekend to give you an idea of the overall thickness.

·
Registered
509 Posts
So basically, this rig is a inside the pants, leather plate with a molded kydex holster?
Thank you for the clip info Doc Venkman.

·
Administrator
35,559 Posts
Here is a pic of my PT145, then another of my 24/7 Pro 45acp, and the last is how it rides....it's real comfortable, by the way. Oh, and a side benefit - I had it made for my PT145, but fits both guns like a glove. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Man that holster look nice, i cant wait to get mine. :guns: And the 24/7 looks good in it. Hopefully it will be "the" holster for me as i do not have a whole lot of money to drop on holsters. Then again, if i dont like it i can return it within 2 weeks and they will refund me :D cant beat that!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Been breaking in my SuperTuck for a couple of weeks now. Feels great and no one notices anything. The only thing is the smell which I hope will go away soon.

Does anyone with this holster know how long it takes for the smell to go away?
Does anyone have a trick to get the odor gone?
And, will using a leather cream conditioner make the leather softer?

Thanks,
Second_Life

·
Registered
44 Posts
I really want one of these for my PT940. But when i asked if they have one for my pt940 I got, "No, Sorry." In response. I wish there was some way to make it work cuz I really like it. That bummed me out.

·
Administrator
35,559 Posts
My Supertuck had a leathery smell to it for a couple of weeks, then it just went away - I can only smell it if I stick my nose to it.

Gablett, thats hard to believe - did you call them? The lady I spoke with the one time I called was very friendly, maybe they could clarify.

·
Registered
44 Posts
No I sent them an Email. Here it is:

Sorry, no

<[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

I was curious of you have a model of supertuck that would fit my Taurus PT940. Its the same as the PT945 if that helps at all. Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts