Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the clays range earlier in the week and witnessed one shooter using silicone spray on a mid priced shotgun after completing his round. I was wondering if anyone has used this as a lubricant or moisture inhibitor. What are the pros and cons?

·
Administrator
40,372 Posts
I've used it for a couple of years now when I clean my magazines. That's all I've used it on. Leaves a slight dry film. No complaints and seems to work really well.

·
Banned
1,997 Posts
Be carefull what you use it on.
I have had it start to melt some plastics grips on an old H&R pistol I had with the silicon arosal spray.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm always leary of getting those cleaning chemicals on plastic parts. Doesn't Rem Oil have silicone in it? I was thinking of trying some. If anyone here has used it, what do you think of it!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't had plastic on a pistol or revolver in over 50 years. I think that the last revolvers with plastic were 44-40's with the ricochet sound built in. They also took roll caps, not the cheap perforated ones either.:.)

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I like to give the inside of my magazines a very light mist of silicone. It makes a noticeable difference when you manually eject the bullets from the magazine, the idea being it helps the rounds cycle just as easily when you are shooting.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I've used it for a couple of years now when I clean my magazines. That's all I've used it on.
+1..Smoke, I always used it on my 1911 mags and still use it on my Ruger MKII mags...I like that it does not leave a residue...I have never had any problems ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts