Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Result? Good or bad? I know that factory Taurus Magazines are always best but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the ProMags in the PT-94x series pistols.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Result? Good or bad? I know that factory Taurus Magazines are always best but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the ProMags in the PT-94x series pistols.
I've heard about as many problems with factory mags as any other. That said, I've used ProMags in my PT92/917 and PT1911 with no issues. I guess it's like any manufactured product, sometimes you get a lemon. :D

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I have had nothing but grief with the ProMags that I purchased several on sale at a big box store for my Ruger P series pistols. Even though the label explicitly said that they were for the pistols I had, NONE fit properly. I contacted ProMag with some degree of difficulty, and tried to get them replaced under their "lifetime warranty" but that was a joke. I returned them to the store where I bought them, and exchanged them for ProMags for some other pistols, and they did not fit, feed, or function properly as well! I finally refunded them and swore off ProMags forever!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I ordered a ProMag for my PT 92.It was not even close:mad:.Maybe was boxed wrong but dealer that I ordered from didn't even offer to re-order.Told me he was tired of having problems with them.I ended up ordering one from Taurus and have no problems.just my $.02:)

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
I have a nickel ProMag for my 945, it's merely a snapcap magazine now. I've tried cleaning and dry lubing, light sanding of the follower base, and nothing helps it one bit. The follower will dip forward and hangup after feeding the first 4 rounds into the gun. The mag catch slot isn't cut at quite the right angle, so it won't securely latch inside the magwell either. Ended up finding an extra Taurus mag at Gander Mountain for the same price on sale as the ProMag was. The ProMag actually cost me more due to shipping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No Stars

I just purchased 3 ten round "Promag" magazines for my Taurus PT-945. All of them fit in the mag well way to tightly and make combat changes impossible. I am going t return all three to Bownell's for a refund. Definitely would not recommend these magazines to anyone.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I have learned the hard way to AVOID ProMag magazines.

I bought 2 at Academy in sealed packages, with a sticker for my Ruger 93, and BOTH are very difficult to insert into the grip, and can only be removed by removing the slide and pushing down from the top.

Academy took them back.

A few other that I bought online for other pistols either did not fit properly, or had frequent FTF's. They were not worth returning.

Even though the package says that they are "Made in USA" and have a lifetime guarantee, contacting ProMag customer service and getting a response is almost impossible.

If someone has had success with a ProMag in a 945 or any other pistol, more power to ya', but I have been burned by EVERY ProMag that I ever bought.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
No. Factory all the way.

·
Administrator
17,919 Posts
Friends don't let friends buy ProMags!!! They generally are a waste of cash! You'll only end up replacing them anyways with quality Magazines, so why bother!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have two promags for my 1911 that I bought off of a friend still new in the packages that have not given me any problem, but they still don't feel right in the gun. No other problems with them and I have one for my 24/7Pro, now its a piece of junk!!! No more for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts