Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the sweat guard rides high enough for a 5"?

Pics are cool too.

Thanks. Sam.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Sam,

My reply may be a bit off topic, but I will try to add constructively. I am a recent PT-1911 owner, and although I LOVE the gun, I would never carry it as a concealed carry weapon, it's just too heavy and big. My daily carry gun is a Glock 36, and I must say, I love that gun. My rig is a Crossbreed Super Tuck Delux.

I own good leather for ALL of my firearms, as well as some good Kydex stuff. My PT-1911 rides in a Blackhawk CQC Serpa, when I am at the range. But, for daily wear, let me tell you... that Crossbreed holster is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. I looked at the MTAC before deciding on the Crossbreed... and for the $$$ I am glad I went with the Crossbreed.

I have talked to several others, that DO carry a full sized 1911 in the Crossbreed holster, and they are just as pleased with it as I am. I am a pretty big guy, 6'4 (235) and I can make my G36 with a +1 Pearce Grip extension vanish. It rides just behind my right hip, and the holster is adjustable for rake. The Kydex on the rig, holds the weapon very secure, and makes re-holstering the gun after a draw, very user friendly.

Give them a look, before you make up your mind... there are alot of reviews out there. Just Google Crossbreed Holsters and you will find them. I would highly recommend the product.

Cheers,

Darren

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ranger, thanks for the reply.

I do like the crossbreeds alot. In fact I wanted one for my USP FS when I first began to carry.
What made me change gears is that with the MTAC I can buy a kydex form for both pistols and carry both pistols off of the same platform.
That will run me $100 for the holster and an extra form and it's a really short wait for them.

Sam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Roger that Sam...

I can totally understand that logic. With that in mind, I think you are on the right track...

Cheers!

Darren

1 - 4 of 4 Posts