Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
I actually found that Quickstrips are a little easier to carry than a speed loader. I have some that will work with 45colt and 410 shells.

130309_001[1].JPG

·
Registered
304 Posts
I use a couple HKS CA-44 speed loaders for 45 Colt in my 3" Judge. They work just fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Five-Star that I got from Talon Training Group, along with a 410 shell carrier on a carabeaner clip. Works well for me.

·
Registered
360 Posts
How do these work in a revolver? I use strips for my 30-06 but how do they work for a revolver? Bend them in a circle?

I actually found that Quickstrips are a little easier to carry than a speed loader. I have some that will work with 45colt and 410 shells.

View attachment 50397

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
you just insert 2 pull then insert 2 more pull then 1

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I tried one when I qualified and went old school instead.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
you just insert 2 pull then insert 2 more pull then 1
Actually, one at a time is just as fast. It's faster than just loading by hand, and they fit better in your back pocket than a speed loader. I've also never seen a speed loader for 410 shot shells, and 410 is why I have a Judge.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Not yet but I want some. The above suggestion from Midway USA is intriguing and worth a look.

·
Registered
304 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Another vote for ca-44.
The HKS CA-44 takes a little practice to use but works fine ...... Hogue grips made it a little easier.

Reactions: sasquatch40

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I started with the HKS didn't like the rattle while walking. Went to 5-Star, wow what a great product but it didn't help with the rattle. Found the MaxFire along with their indexed pouches and love these things. Quite as a mouse, quick as a bunny.

I'm not sure if they are being make any longer or not. I went ahead and stocked up on them for the long run just in case. I use them with my 605, 415, M44C, and 450.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hankpage, I think I need to take a look at one of those Hogues for my Judge, looks great. Ranch Dog, those MaxFires look nice, how do they release the shells into the cylinder?

·
Registered
27,799 Posts
I have used both HKS and Safariland. I have no problem recommending either one.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Ranch Dog, those MaxFires look nice, how do they release the shells into the cylinder?
When you pull them from the indexed pouches, with your index finger through the loop, the two forward most cartridges are flat with the frame. You start them in as you continue to push forward, at the same time moving your hand at a 90 degree angle away from the frame. Pushes them in and peels them off.

I missed that this was in the Judge forum so my apologies as I am uncertain if they have any available for the .410.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I have used HKS.....now only have FiveStar because I like
the 'block' that you can get......
But I really don't care much for any speedloaders......
I shoot lots of SAA revolvers. Not much benefit.
So my 'norm' is basically one at a time.......

·
Registered
304 Posts
When you pull them from the indexed pouches, with your index finger through the loop, the two forward most cartridges are flat with the frame. You start them in as you continue to push forward, at the same time moving your hand at a 90 degree angle away from the frame. Pushes them in and peels them off.

I missed that this was in the Judge forum so my apologies as I am uncertain if they have any available for the .410.
Sounds like that would be a quicker reload than the turn-knob release loaders.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hankpage, I think I need to take a look at one of those Hogues for my Judge, looks great. Ranch Dog, those MaxFires look nice, how do they release the shells into the cylinder?
Mine are made for small frame Trackers (Hogue# 73000) and are not a perfect fit but they make my little finger feel like it is still part of the family and very comfortable for larger hands. The hex-head cap screw that they supply does not fit the PD ... requires a longer 4mm x 70 pitch x 1½ inch cap screw. They were $25 + ship directly from Hogue so I am sure they can be found on-line for less. Very comfortable and quality made. I got lazy and did not call them to see if they made one for the judge but I am happy with these. If you use a speed loader, they do give more clearance and make it easier to use. JM2¢, Hank

1 - 20 of 21 Posts