Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been contemplating a Mako Group 3-Layers Holster (Leather/Kydex/Lining) but unlike other holsters I can't find video reviews, reviews or opinions except for a clip from Shot show which makes them look rather impressive.

I was initially going to go IWB for my first holster but considering what I wear, the comfort factor, my body shape etc I've been considering something quality that has the purks of kydex but the appearance of leather. This will be for a full size 1911.

Anyone own one? what do you think of it?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since no one seems to have tried them I jumped into uncharted waters and ordered one...will be in next week (pistol for it wont be in till the week after) then I'll try and do a full review. Mine was ordered for a full size 1911.

New SKC holster from The Mako Group - Classic look; tactical strength. - AR15.COM

I did find this on AR15.com and thats the only semi-review I've found...the belt system seems quite nice and perfect for me.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Wolfie, I am impressed with their sitel Looks like they provide a wide range of holsters. I am interested in one of their cross-draw holsters...I will look into this. Good luck on your purchase...hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wolfie, I am impressed with their sitel Looks like they provide a wide range of holsters. I am interested in one of their cross-draw holsters...I will look into this. Good luck on your purchase...hope it works out for you.
They seem to have a nice varied lot of holsters...i like traditional leather looking holsters, so having the kydex core really adds to the appeal. It'll be in on the 22nd and my 1911 arrives on the 24th - 25th so hopefully this rig works for me. I can't stand IWB!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leather/Kydex®/Suede Holster | Front Line Holsters

Ok so I was right, they are frontline holsters and distributed by mako group...heres some pics, wont do a review till my 1911 is in to try it out. Model is LKC14.

I did find this video, he rambles a bit but shows it in operation:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts