Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
21,931 Posts
Depending on the type of breed of your dog, the diet requirements change drastically. Dogs are opportunistic omnivores. this means they they primarily eat meat, but if meat is not available, they will eat other things.
They actually need to eat other foods than meat. A diet of absolutely nothing but meat isn't good for dogs.

Reactions: nevadabob

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
They actually need to eat other foods than meat. A diet of absolutely nothing but meat isn't good for dogs.
I believe I mentioned that with the kibble.

·
21,931 Posts
True, but it wasn't explicitly stated that...

Ah, the heck with it. ;)

Reactions: Flash60601

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
True, but it wasn't explicitly stated that...

Ah, the heck with it. ;)
Look, I already have a ... erm... Problem with capitalization. I was trying to prevent a capitalization psychotic episode so I didn't bring enough attention to the kibble aspect. I hope you understand... I have a... condition. :D

Reactions: Flash60601

·
Administrator
35,115 Posts
My vet told me that Pro Plan was fine to feed our dog. She has been doing great, no digestive issues at all from what I can see, and she is sleek and happy with a shiny coat. If you look up Pro Plan, they rank it around the middle of the pack of what they consider 'good' dog foods. Whatever. I see no reason to switch when she is doing fine.

By the way....that article was much ado about nothing as anything I've ever seen.

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
The brand I buy is not on the list, so I'm not concerned.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
I drop Pedigree some years back when they changed formulation which caused both my then Boxers to begin vomiting and became lethargic. Did contact Pedigree about problem - their response was to send me a $25 check to replace the bag of food I trashed. Started using Purina One back then and still using.

·
Registered
518 Posts
We don't have a dog but my son who lives in GA does. I sent him the article and sure enough his food of choice is on the named list. He did not seem too concerned and still felt his preferred brand had more advantages than disadvantages.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts