Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Anyone shot a Glock 19C?

572 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  maloy 
#1 ·
I bought a Glock 23C last year, and was *very* surprised at the reduction in muzzle flip and recoil. If I hadn't known what I was shooting, I would have said it was a Glock 19 (and maybe a tame one, at that).

For those - if any - who have shot standard G19's as well as the G19C, how do you feel about those 2 guns re: muzzle flip & maintaining your site on the target from shot to shot? Do you find a noticeable difference?

#2 ·
I have a Gen 4 G19 that I’ve carried for ~ 4 years and just recently bought a Gen 5 G19. I also have a Gen 4 G23. Not familiar with the “C” designated line. I know that I prefer to carry my Gen 4 G23 with 357GIG conversion only because I’m more accurate with the 357 caliber.

Sorry, cannot speak to the “muzzle flip” as I don’t notice it to be an issue with eith my G19 or my G23 (don’t pay much attention to or factor in consideration to flip and recoil.)

#5 ·
For those - if any - who have shot standard G19's as well as the G19C, how do you feel about those 2 guns re: muzzle flip & maintaining your site on the target from shot to shot? Do you find a noticeable difference?
I've shot standard G19Gen2, G19Gen3, G19Gen4, G19Gen5, the G19c, and a G19Gen4 with an aftermarket extended ported barrel. The G19c and the G19Gen4 equipped with an aftermarket ported barrel decrease muzzle flip. The less flip, the less time and effort I need to reacquire a flash sight picture to take a follow up shot. Mount a set of XS 24-7 Big Dots to a G19c, and I am able to reacquire a flash sight picture even faster.

My opinion, added info, and my personal experience... your mileage will vary...

The compensated/ported barrels are really nice on the range, out in the daylight. In the dark/night, the ports exacerbate the muzzle flash so that the decreased muzzle flip v.s. the time it takes my eyes to recover for a flash sight picture becomes moot. If I'm shooting a G19c equipped with a rail mounted light and that light is on, the muzzle flash visual recovery time is less. If I'm shooting my "every unfair advantage the State of IL will allow" home defense Glock 22, the increased muzzle flash visual recovery time is mitigated by the Trijicon RMR, the light, the laser...etc.

#6 ·
I have two Gen 3 Glock 19's with one being a "C". Yes it is noticeable on recoil reduction, but when shooting steel with both, you can tell the difference in energy between the two.

It is an easy 10% loss, but still a good bit more energy than a .380 or 9mm MAK. I also run an unported Lone Wolf barrel a lot in it as it is 1:16 twist for my lead loads.

The ports are really noticeable when running an assault course and have to shoot through a culvert pipe or if there is a tin roof over your head.

Maloy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.