Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking to see if anyone has seen the new multi caliber 692 at any gunshops ?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
No, but that sure is a good looking gun

·
Registered
2,143 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
I wish .

That black finish is ok rather have a blued finish. I think if it ever comes out I will end up getting the stainless. Appeals to me more.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Reactions: djh

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope. Not the least bit interested.
I am pretty much a bottom feeder pistol carrier ... My interest in this revolver is , 7 shot , 3 inch barrel, compact frame & a 9mm clyinder

And this may open the door for more Taurus revolvers built on the compact frame ...

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Have not seen one, and do not plan on seeing one in the near future.
If they treat the 692 the same way they did the Spectrum, you have a better chance of smelling a unicorn fart in the next year than seeing a 692.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Would it be that difficult to make all 357 msgnum revolvers available with a 9MM cylinder? BOw would it be different than the magnum cylinders you swap out ln Single Sixes and Heritage Rough Riders?

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Taurus 922 .. DA revolver that the yoke and cylinder is replaced from 22LR to 22Mag ... Same premise with the 692....

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Taurus 922... DA revolver that the yoke and cylinder is replaced from 22LR to 22Mag ... Same premise with the 692...
Typo, it's a Mdl 992.

Reactions: Buckeye!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks dogchild for posting the video.
I have not seen one but it sure looks interesting. A seven shot d/a revolver in three of the most popular handgun calibers on a proven reliable frame, how can you beat that?
The convertibles mentioned earlier are all s/a revolvers and most are six shooters. I do not remember any complaints about the forerunner 992. I have given a 992 a pretty good work out without a problem. What can be a more fun gun to shoot than a nine round revolver in 22/22mag convertible.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Have not seen one, and do not plan on seeing one in the near future.
If they treat the 692 the same way they did the Spectrum, you have a better chance of smelling a unicorn fart in the next year than seeing a 692.
Last night when I fed my fish the catfish farted twice. Wouldn’t have believed it if I did t see it happen. I’m calling it a sign of good luck.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I wish .

That black finish is ok rather have a blued finish. I think if it ever comes out I will end up getting the stainless. Appeals to me more.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
I have a Model 65 with the flat black finish and it is horrid; definitely hold out for a different finish.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I gave up waiting. I went to the dark side and picked up a ruger poice six and a gp -160. I have replacement cylinders for each. Next I am sending the cylinders to tk customs or pinicale for 9mm conversion, just as soon as I save up for each.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts