Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's listed as availabe on Taurus website...anyone bought one? I think there's a blue/titanium and a stainless one?

I like the idea of a Raging bull that's under 30oz 8)

·
Super Moderator
35,285 Posts
Christ, whadda cannon! Make a great walk about gun, back packer's friend, etc.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
A friend of mine had a chance to put a cylinder through the thing (I was trying a 44 tracker next to him). He has big hands (he's 6'4") and said that it needed porting to control the muzzle flip. I wasn't willing to try it as N frame Smiths are too big for my hands.

Steelheart

·
Super Moderator
35,285 Posts
I think it'd be neat for an outdoor gun, but I currently have a 4 5/8" .45 Colt blackhawk that does duty. But, it's 10 ounces heavier on the hip. The grip shape really tames the hot .44 mag handloads, though.

I've been thinking .41 mag titanium tracker, though, for a long time. It's about 25 ounces IIRC and could be carried IWB comfortably, also, double duty gun.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A friend of mine had a chance to put a cylinder through the thing (I was trying a 44 tracker next to him). He has big hands (he's 6'4") and said that it needed porting to control the muzzle flip. I wasn't willing to try it as N frame Smiths are too big for my hands
Well I have a Raging Bull in .44mag 6.5in ported :) (which has the same grip and frame size) the grip is rather large but I can handle it (I'm 6' tall).... BTW how come there are no aftermarket grips availabe?

at least it's available...I was starting to think the gun was just vapour were. I’m surprises I’ve never seen any post about it…

·
32,658 Posts
There are always .44 Specials that can be used. Even stout ones are commercially available. Garretts is just one example of a heavy duty .44Special round. There are other manufacturers who make these. Handloading would also sufice to brew up some more tolerable recoil level, but hit with authority on big or hard to put down critters. This would be without the harsher magnum blast and recoil

·
Registered
61 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
It's listed as availabe on Taurus website...anyone bought one? I think there's a blue/titanium and a stainless one?

I like the idea of a Raging bull that's under 30oz 8)

I bought one about a year 1/2 ago. It had malfunction issues right out of the box. (After a few mags the cylinder would freeze up and I would have to open it and close it to get back right. A couple of shots later- same thing. I took it back to the store for a refund. I had the same issue with a S/W ultralite. In my uneducated opinion I think the (Scandium light metal) just can't handle a magnum round. I could have sent it back to Taurus, but that thing cost to much money for a cylinder freeze right out of the box.... I got mine when they first came out, maybe it was a friday beer 30 lemon or maybe there was a problem with them and Taurus has fixed it - Don't really know. It was just strange that I had identical problems with both brands in the same cal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts