Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just got my PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm because I have tiny hands and the grip fits it well. So I finally got to take it to the range and it was a disaster! I think I am limp wristing or something because I kept getting jams, but when my husband shot it, it had no problems. I am wondering if maybe it is just too small and light. I had the death grip on it, the recoil did not seem bad at all, so I don't know.....

I was wondering if maybe the 809c, being a little bigger and heavier was prone to the same problem? How does the overall grip and its size compare to the PT111? Ive never had the chance to compare the two side by side or get my hands around the 809c.

For reference I have NOT had this issue with any other pistol! I have a Walther Pk380 right now, but have also shot others like the Glock 26, Springfield XDM, Ruger P95, Walther P99c, along with a few rentals and have not had this problem. The problem I have had with those is that the grips are just too large and/or uncomfortable to shoot. Out of those I would have to say the Springfield was the most comfortable, but not my ideal.

Any advice appreciated!​

·
Registered
28 Posts
I own both pistols the 809 has a little bigger grip. My 809 compact has never malfunctioned in over 1200 rounds. My millenium pro
pt111 malfunctioned "failures to feed" many times in the 500 rounds I shot through it and had light primer strikes after getting dirty, so I sold it. Trade it for a 809c you will not reget it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I own both pistols the 809 has a little bigger grip. My 809 compact has never malfunctioned in over 1200 rounds. My millenium pro
pt111 malfunctioned "failures to feed" many times in the 500 rounds I shot through it and had light primer strikes after getting dirty, so I sold it. Trade it for a 809c you will not reget it.
Now to get my hands on one! I really need to try before I buy this time!!!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It would seem to be your grip on the gun since your hubby could shoot it without any problems. I would think more practice with the 111 would do the trick for you and is worth a try since the grip fits you well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would seem to be your grip on the gun since your hubby could shoot it without any problems. I would think more practice with the 111 would do the trick for you and is worth a try since the grip fits you well.
I plan on sticking with it to see if I can get it to work for me, if not I will explore other options and make sure I can get a hold of one to shoot before I buy!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info and input! Put 3 mags through it today, only one FTE when shooting the range reloads, none with mine. I loosened my grip a bit, repositioned and had great results. I'm a little low and right(getting used the these sights) but did get some bullseyes and stayed in the 8&9 rings on a 12x18 target.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I have had the 111 better than 4 years now....I wrapped my grip with padded tennis racket tape. That helped tremendously.

I would prefer the 809C if only for the better trigger.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
My wife had the same problem. I would always put my support hand index finger on the trigger guards front ridges cause the size of my hands extremely big. Well we adjusted My wife's grip to do the same it gave her more leverage on the firearm and also improved her target reactivation due to more muzzle flip control.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts