Waiting for Olfarhors to jump in.:hail:

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Super Moderator
35,535 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
I have down sized to all 9mm (except my herd of SA .22 revolvers) doing away with all others. If I were to get another 45 cal...the CZ97B would probably be the one I would look for.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
well I have a CZ 97BD, that's the same as the B series except with the de-cocker instead of the thumb safety.
In all honesty my 1911 just don't seem to get out to the range very often since acquiring this weapon.
I think this may very likely be the best out of the box 45 acp that I own and may be considering the price (I own a CZ Shadow -2) the best out of box CZ that I own.
I have spoken to 5-6 people that have the 97 B and BD and they all pretty much say the same.
now CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works make a oversized barrel bushing for them they say that improves accuracy but I don't really see how with my particular weapon.
Like all my CZ this one has been spectacular in function, accuracy and quality of build, the only malfunctions that I can remember were when I first reloaded the 200 grain SWC and didn't have the cartridge measurements quite right for the gun, since its a bet my life on it gun for sure.
its in the 3- 4000 round count now easily.
the sweet thing about the CZ pistols is they can be carried hammer down (B or BD models) and half cocked (B and BD models) , or locked and cocked (B ) model.
its a 10 plus round gun with a very nice slim grip. anyway I hate them furren guns myself in case you can't tell!

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I was getting all excited about the CZ 97B and a moment ago my email inbox beeps. It was CDNN telling me they have some factory certified pre-owned Sig Sauer P320 45ACP Full Size for $380. That's about $250 less than the CZ. I tend to be a cheapskate at times. I'm so confused. Given the pricing of the two, any additional thought?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've owned and worked on multiple CZ 75s and Witness Clones. Everyone of them shot well and they do fit my hand well. If I was buying a 45, the CZ 97 would be one of my top choices. If I was buying one to carry, I would seriously look at the CZ 75 9mm compact with decocker. Cajun Gun works has a good reputation for smithing and parts for the CZs.
There is a reason the CZ 75 is/was used by several militarys and PDs around the world.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
The CZ 75 is a classic design comparable to the 1911. It has been copied so many times because there were no patent protections behind the iron curtain. I have been thinking about one of the Turkish clones because they are available online and so cheap, but I just noticed that my favorite LGS now carries the CZ line and they always have the best prices, so the clones are only a few bucks less now, throw in FFL fees and it is almost a wash.

I may have to attain one just to keep my 1911s company.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
I've owned and worked on multiple CZ 75s and Witness Clones. Everyone of them shot well and they do fit my hand well. If I was buying a 45, the CZ 97 would be one of my top choices. If I was buying one to carry, I would seriously look at the CZ 75 9mm compact with decocker. Cajun Gun works has a good reputation for smithing and parts for the CZs.
There is a reason the CZ 75 is/was used by several militarys and PDs around the world.
well straying a bit from the 97 question into carry but .
My choice for carry was the CZ P0-1, its a basic 75 compact except with an alloy frame and tritium sights, they also make (or made) a CZ PCR, its the same gun and without the rail under it., light accurate, reliable weapons in my hands.
this one has a 75 Compact slide on it as its one of the earlier models and they could not produce enough to supply demand so some came in with the 75 D slide, which is identical to the p-01 slide except for the markings.
the P01 is a de-cocker model, the 75 compact is a thumb safety and I think the PCR is a thumb safety?

Attachments

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
The CZ 75 is a classic design comparable to the 1911. It has been copied so many times because there were no patent protections behind the iron curtain. I have been thinking about one of the Turkish clones because they are available online and so cheap, but I just noticed that my favorite LGS now carries the CZ line and they always have the best prices, so the clones are only a few bucks less now, throw in FFL fees and it is almost a wash.

I may have to attain one just to keep my 1911s company.
I think you would really appreciate a 97.
the prices on these CZ just continue to climb.
I paid 575 bucks for my 97BD about 2 years ago, I think they are now going in the 625-645 area?
this is with the tritium sights, de-cocker, thin aluminum grips and 2 magazines.
I think all 97 my now come with trit sights, at the time most had white dots.

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
Okay, I was getting all excited about the CZ 97B and a moment ago my email inbox beeps. It was CDNN telling me they have some factory certified pre-owned Sig Sauer P320 45ACP Full Size for $380. That's about $250 less than the CZ. I tend to be a cheapskate at times. I'm so confused. Given the pricing of the two, any additional thought?
ahh- well I like dope period--but I have a row of CZ crack on the table top and a row of Sig crack on the table top.
I always hit the CZ crack if its there, if not then some of that German crack will do!
just depends on what makes you the highest for the longest I guess?

Attachments

Reactions: GreenWolf70

·
Super Moderator
35,535 Posts
I'm going to have to mull this over...do I want the CZ 75 Omega in 9mm..or 45 ACP? Plus would I be as happy with the EAA or Turkish clones and use the extra cash for magazines?

Decisions..decisions.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
I've been doing so well, deleting those evil emails before I open them, from the wicked gun pushers. Now I'm dazed because of Confused.
$380.00 bucks for a factory reconditioned full sized Sig 320... I had to do it. Bought an extra mag on my way out. The CZ97B is on the list, but this was almost a twofer.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig-sauer-p320-45acp-fullsize-certified-like-new.html#.XUORio5KjDA

one compact left

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig-sauer-p320-45acp-compact-certified-like-new.html#.XUORpo5KjDA

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
I have a couple Tanfoglio Witness pistols in 45acp. I cannot recommend them highly enough, especially the Elite Match. I have owned a CZ75b in .40 several years ago (only sold it when I consolidated to 9mm and 45) I do not consider the Witness to be a down grade from the CZ.

·
Super Moderator
35,535 Posts
I have a couple Tanfoglio Witness pistols in 45acp. I cannot recommend them highly enough, especially the Elite Match. I have owned a CZ75b in .40 several years ago (only sold it when I consolidated to 9mm and 45) I do not consider the Witness to be a down grade from the CZ.
Looking at the prices, neither do the sellers! :eek:

Poking around the Canik line.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Looking at the prices, neither do the sellers! :eek:

Poking around the Canik line.
I have heard a lot of good things about the SAR K2 45. I own a few of their 9mm pistols and they are very good (better than my Canik IMHO) They can still be had around $400.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$380.00 bucks for a factory reconditioned full sized Sig 320... I had to do it. Bought an extra mag on my way out. The CZ97B is on the list, but this was almost a twofer.
I did the very same thing. The ETA for that CZ 97B is now pushed back to 2020. A friend calls what most folks call their wish list his, "God knows when" list.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Hmmm....did you know that the unit price per M17 in the military contract is $203.

·
Super Moderator
35,535 Posts
I did the very same thing. The ETA for that CZ 97B is now pushed back to 2020. A friend calls what most folks call their wish list his, "God knows when" list.
I'm in the club too...I was very close to placing an order for the long slide EAA "SF" model for some 371.00 before shipping from another seller. After examining this deal, with the night sights (which I assume are also warranted for one year), and the two mags and the holster I had to own my first Sig. Mags are pricey and I added one extra...I may phone them and add another to ride on the same dime.

Reactions: rollin thunder
1 - 20 of 54 Posts