Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about a purchase of one in 9mm. The price if very reasonable and just want to check on reliability or problems.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
A buddy of mine has one he keeps in his vest pocket as a BUG to his Colt 1991A. It "kicks like a mule, but will do the job at 10 feet" (his words).

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Do not know the cobra brand, but my son's 357 derringer has one heck of a kick, and worse noise level, and it definitely was a last resort carry for him, when he was LEO. I did fire one set of 38's thru it myself, and I was expecting just what I got from it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got home with the new little bugger. I bought the nickel 9mm. HOLY S**T does it kick !! Put 4 rounds through it and that was enough for one day. Pretty little gun. Really did not need it but never owned a derringer. For $139.00 with a lifetime warrantee I figure I could always use it for a paper weight. Shipping back and forth would almost cost the same as the gun!

·
Registered
959 Posts
muttmutt,... I think you did good to to get yourself a "HideOut"... It was a little Nitch, that needed filling in your Gun list...<:))

·
Registered
663 Posts
mrglock said:
They are not as nice & hefty as the Bond Arms products but for the price, the 38spl has been a good derringer.
Speaking of heft, just yesterday I saw a new Cobra derringer in .22 magnum in a gun shop. Put me in mind of a "penny" match box.

JimL

·
15,931 Posts
JimL said:
Speaking of heft, just yesterday I saw a new Cobra derringer in .22 magnum in a gun shop. Put me in mind of a "penny" match box.

JimL
Now that I might consider, as a deep hidden gun! Last resort thing. Hard to pocket carry or hide The Judge!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Robby said:
Now that I might consider, as a deep hidden gun! Last resort thing. Hard to pocket carry or hide The Judge!!
Seriously, I have watch pockets that would cover everything but the butt.

For $100 NIB I'm tempted, but I have no idea how shooting .22 magnums would feel in a penny match box. :D

Actually I recently read about an undercover cop in an operation about to go down indoors. He sensed something amiss, pulled his Cobra .22 mag and fired it in the air behind the BG's back. Scared the BG so bad he just about had a baby. :D :D It also brought the cavalry running. :guns: :guns:

And they lived happily ever after!! :clap: :clap:

JimL

·
15,931 Posts
Oh, I think from memory of firing my 22LR derringer, without ear protection, that the shock and awe effect would definitely get the BG distracted at least, now there is some recoild from the 22LR, but nothing really.

I have not fire my 22 Mag SA without ear protection, but I would imagine it was very strong.

As we have said in other threads, "You use what you came with", and Derringers sure are small enough to hide.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the 38spl, no problems, haven't fired it that many times, about takes your hand off. Pretty cool tho.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts