Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I know several members have one for the Slims, but don't recall any with MilPro. If so, I sure one will be along shortly. I've been thinking about a Sneaky for over a year now. LOL

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
One of my co-workers has a Sneaky Pete. It is very well made and fits his Ruger SR9C perfectly.

The only problem is that it is clearly bigger than a cell phone case and looks suspicious.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Web site shows the one for the pt111 mill pro instock. That is the only reason I'm even looking at one of these.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
My concern is that "SP" logo on the case.
I would prefer 'not' to have someone elses initials on my case. I know it stands for sneaky pete but others will think my name is Sam Peckinpaw.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I like the design but I think they scream CARRY GUN. It might be worth a try - could blend in for some better than others. Yeah, I'd black out the SP logo ASAP if I decided to keep it. Like most holsters, you will lose a few bucks if you resell it but we've probably all done something similar for a test drive. Sometimes they stick!

Reactions: aphdmansoc

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
but I think they scream CARRY GUN
Before I joined the Taraus club in late September I didn't really think much at all about someone carrying next to me.
Now that I am taking the class this Saturday and thinking about it daily, I might look twice at someone with that large gizmo on his hip.

My point is that those who don't carry or even think about guns will not give it a thought.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Before I joined the Taraus club in late September I didn't really think much at all about someone carrying next to me.
Now that I am taking the class this Saturday and thinking about it daily, I might look twice at someone with that large gizmo on his hip.

My point is that those who don't carry or even think about guns will not give it a thought.
Yeah I find that almost everyone who would notice a CC is either another CC or LEO themselves.
I never paid attention years ago, and I've even used the "oh, that's a medical device/insulin pump" line a time or two. People usually don't want to pry much after that excuse.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I agree that Joe Q citizen will walk by and be merrily on his way.

I'm thinking of the BG making you as the person in the room (even POSSIBLY) with the gun. That could make you a target and that's why I like deeper carry - but that's me.

I fanny pack carry on my bicycle but that will be read as sports gear and I'm usually moving pretty fast and NOT in sketchyville.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Like someone else said, I've always thought that they (and fanny packs) scream HANDGUN. Lately I've started to reconsider. Cellphones have gone through the smaller and smaller cycle and I notice that in some cases people are starting to carry bigger and bigger smart phones. If they ever reach the mini tablet size then something like a Sneaky Pete would be a viable alternative.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I watched the video...under Glock...gun used was not a Glock but a smaller weapon and the demo turned me off. It appeared that the guy was having a little bit of a problem drawing the weapon. I could understand that once I paid attention to the design of the holster...difficult to get a good grip on the gun!

I'll keep looking for an alternative.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
That could make you a target and that's why I like deeper carry - but that's me.
There's two ways to look at that.
If the BG is there to rob the store that means he has two people to keep an eye on. The store clerk who is supposed to be emptying the register and you who 'may' have a gun. Certainly the quickmart down the street would seem to be a better target. Or at leat wait until the guy with the fannypouch drives off.

Your point of view seems to hinge on the premise the BG wants a confrontation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts