Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2008 Taurus catalogue lists these as optional grips. Has anyone ordered these, or priced them. They would almost be worth an upgrade!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
They do look nice but what is the logo? I got the standard grips with mine just to replace them with Pachmayr American Legends. I didn't know that $25 grips and stainless screws would make the gun so much prettier. Hope my wife doesn't get jealous of me looking at the gun so much.

·
Registered
16 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
They do look nice but what is the logo? I got the standard grips with mine just to replace them with Pachmayr American Legends. I didn't know that $25 grips and stainless screws would make the gun so much prettier. Hope my wife doesn't get jealous of me looking at the gun so much.
The logo is a bull's head.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
If I were to have a set of wooden grips on my PT1911, I'd want one like those.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
But Taurus does not show them are even how to order a set. It would be nice if they did sell them.

·
Super Moderator
21,453 Posts
I put on pachmayr American legends and like the way they give extra grip with hot loads, but got to admit those are really nice.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I've replaced the grips on both of my PT1911's with selections from the Grip Guys. Ivorywood on the blued and cocobolo on the Stainless. I just could not stand the originals. However I would like to have a set of the Taurus customs.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Ebay is a good place to find grips.

·
Registered
377 Posts
DEAEGER + 1 Ebay is where I found a set of beautiful walnut checkered grips for under $20.00. Really classed up the PT1911-AR blue. ;) Although the Taurus Custom grips look mighty appealing.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Yeah I see the bull's head now. Don't I feel dumb. Guess I just didn't recognize it without the word Taurus around it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If anyone is interested in having the Delta Elite grips like i have on my 1911's. PM me and I can give you my grip-guy's email, he usually has a couple of sets on hand. Since these are the real-deal made by Rapid Concepts Inc. for Colt's Delta Elite 10mm 1911, they are in short supply. I have four sets on my PT1911's and the fit is excellent!

·
Super Moderator
21,453 Posts
both the delta grips and the new wood grips are great thats the nice thing about a 1911 you can change the grips as often as you like here is what mine look like.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
These are burled cocobolo grips by Grip Guy's. They are cut for the pt 1911.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
45 Forever said:
both the delta grips and the new wood grips are great thats the nice thing about a 1911 you can change the grips as often as you like here is what mine look like.
Those American Legend grips are extremely nice. When I get a stainless PT1911, that's what it'll wear.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
Here's my SS with American Legends on it.
Thanks Paul. :D Now I need a napkin to wipe the drool off my keyboard. LOL

·
Registered
59 Posts
Man, I gotta stop reading posts in the 1911 board. That's what we were issued in the US Army, and I got to fire one for the first time in 20 years this weekend -- what a great, nostalgic, experience. If I decide to get a second sidearm, it's going to be hard not pick up one of these.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts