Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
yep experiences differ, my TCP has been flawless with commercial and reloads, it's not an open shut case but by and large most heavy range guns tend to be less prone to ftf as the little fellows under 17-19 oz.

HMMM? I guess experiences differ?
I own (and shoot) a Sig Sauer 238, a Sig 365, and a Springfield Armory XDS in 9 MM, I consider as I think most all would these to be mini pistols?
anyway they run on a wide variety of different factory and reload self defense rounds as well as range loads.
now the Taurus TCP won't do this, actually tis so inconsistent it hasn't been out of the safe in a few years now.. and yes it ahs been back to the mothership twice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay I think I figured out how to put the recoil spring back in a Taurus spectrum you have to think of it as a syringe. Hold spring between the index and middle finger with your thumb on end for the notch in the barrel like a hypodermic syringe and pre compress the spring then you can more easily insert the end of the rod in the slide hole.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hopefully coming soon from Galloawy Preceison/

Okay I think I figured out how to put the recoil spring back in a Taurus spectrum you have to think of it as a syringe. Hold spring between the index and middle finger with your thumb on end for the notch in the barrel like a hypodermic syringe and pre compress the spring then you can more easily insert the end of the rod in the slide hole.

·
Registered
36,023 Posts
YOU know I kind of have to ask myself--- during design, manufacture, testing of the Spectrum by the company wouldn't you think that at least once a Spectrum was taken apart to clean, inspect for wear/ damage and had to be reassembled and someone said--hey this recoil assembly is a real PITA, maybe we should look at a redesign of it?
asking for a friend.

Reactions: slong115 and oso

·
Super Moderator
35,518 Posts
YOU know I kind of have to ask myself--- during design, manufacture, testing of the Spectrum by the company wouldn't you think that at least once a Spectrum was taken apart to clean, inspect for wear/ damage and had to be reassembled and someone said--hey this recoil assembly is a real PITA, maybe we should look at a redesign of it?
asking for a friend.
OOHHH...that sounds expensive!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
36,023 Posts
OOHHH...that sounds expensive!:rolleyes:
ahh??
not so sure during initial design/ engineering?
Kind of the reason for such stuff usually--anyway moving along as its not an issue for me as I don't own a Spectrum.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Spectrum has been out for a little while and seems to be pretty popular. Looking at reviews, the same few complaints keep coming up. Perhaps the biggest one is the recoil spring. I've seen people struggle with it during reassembly. People wonder why it wasn't made captive from the factory. Well, I've seen this with other popular handguns over the years. In some cases, a third party will develop a captive recoil spring assembly. So is anyone doing that for the Spectrum yet?
Galloway Precision has one. www.gallowayprecision.com

21 - 30 of 30 Posts