Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a stainless model M380 on layaway , want it as a pocket CC piece. People say the triggers are heavy but that could be good. This ain't gonna be a target gun or range shooter , but we ll see when I get it if I want to trust it for carry or if it will get lighter springs in it and fall into the "backyard range toy" category. Got it for 400 , not bad given today's prices.

· Registered
46 Posts
I have one, blue version, really wanted the stainless, but I could not find a show room model did not have scratches, so I order the blue version. The trigger is very heavy pull, but it lightens up after a few rounds. Mines went back to taurus because the rear sights became loose and I was shooting about 6 inches hight. I purchased the crimson trace rubber laser grips and I really like the pistol for conceal carry. The crimson trace laser does add a little length to gun but I have large hands. It has very minimum recoil and it goes bang every time, no problems with jams and it has not been picky with any of the loads. That is the major problem that I have with my 380 auto. I have used Independence, remington, pmc, federal premium and a cheap russian brand with no problems. I also purchased some 380 snap caps too, I believe that also helped with the breaking in the gun. Really like the 380, so I purchased a poly 605 too. I used the moon clips, the get easier to use as you break in the gun too. Purchased an extra set from taurus they seem disappear on you very easy. Good luck

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I don't see the M380 on Taurus' website anymore, I wonder if these got dropped. I should have mine fairly soon. Mine is an Ultralight version, I don't know if they made a standard steel frame version but I wanted it because of its small size and light weight. I wanted a revolver I could pocket carry in a pair of wind pants or shorts during the summer. The heavy trigger pull and DAO are a plus for me, for less snag and added safety. This will be a self defense gun and not much of a range shooter but if Taurus makes an Ultralite .44 Magnum I think a frame made of the same material will be plenty strong enough for .380.

I own a few Taurus' , I am happy with all of them but this will be my first brand new one. I must admit I am a die hard Ruger revolver nut but Ruger offered no real equivalent and plus a revolver in .380 was kind of intriguing:) may have to get one of those 20 shot Taurus .380 pistols to go with it:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.