Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know where to buy a 709 gen 2

Anyone know where to buy a 709 generation 2. Everyplace that I have checked says that they can not get it. I have a 709 onr of the first to come out and I like it very much. It is my EDC.

But I have had the problem with the sight , I chose to correct the problem by putting a CT Laser on it and it works fine , I suppose I could buy another gen 1 , but does anyone know it there is still the problem of it shooting low and left due to the front sight or has that been corrected ? I would be nice to have an extra cartridge on two but I can live with out it.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
LAST YEAR, on the Taurus website and digital catalog, they showed a 709 with "G2" prominently engraved on the right side of the slide, behind the muzzle. There were some minor improvements, and an extended magazine.

Slim-G2.jpg

It is NOT even mentioned in the "new" 2012" catalog, which is why no one has seen the G2 readily available in the retail distribution channels.

Slim-2012.jpg

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
IMO, just get the 709 now and enjoy it. Some time in the future, if Taurus ever makes the 709 G2 and you like it, get that one as well.

·
Banned
73 Posts
In surfing Gallery of Guns last night, it looked like the G2 version was less expensive than the original 709. Makes me wonder the G2 is inferior in some way. I have not been able to find any description explaining how the G2 is different from the G1 other than the extended magazine (which the G1 was also supposed to have available but never materialized).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know if the sight was fixed , one the old ones I think the sight was to big or crooked or something

1 - 5 of 5 Posts