Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen the special edition model of the PT92 that has the gold accents. I was wondering if you can buy the parts to convert say just the trigger to gold? Just wondering if anyone knows where to locate that

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
Used to be you could purchased gold plating kits and do it your self. I am thinking a small DIY kit would be around $75 plus or minus a little. I do know that the gold plate from Taurus will wear off from what I have seen of used firearms. I have also read that the factory gold plate could be removed with a little elbow grease and a scrungie pad. So it may be worth looking into the plating kit and do it yourself.....just thinking...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I called Taurus Co. and they said that they didn't have any gold accents left for PT92. I love my Taurus but hate the negativity i get each time i call for any thing. I know i would have to buy them from a local dealer but to say a Co. that large doesn't have any seems very unlikely to me.I shouldn't have to buy another gun just to get these parts that are probably lying right there in their warehouse. I'm through venting now. As Minnie Pearl used to say; I'm through playin' now.lol

·
Registered
281 Posts
I called Taurus Co. and they said that they didn't have any gold accents left for PT92. I love my Taurus but hate the negativity i get each time i call for any thing. I know i would have to buy them from a local dealer but to say a Co. that large doesn't have any seems very unlikely to me.I shouldn't have to buy another gun just to get these parts that are probably lying right there in their warehouse. I'm through venting now. As Minnie Pearl used to say; I'm through playin' now.lol
I think if Taurus had these parts, they would be more than happy to sell them. I'd venture a guess they don't have them to sell, just as they told you.

·
Administrator
17,820 Posts
I think if Taurus had these parts, they would be more than happy to sell them. I'd venture a guess they don't have them to sell, just as they told you.
+ 1 ! When the fancy presentation PT92's, PT100's, PT911's, PT940's, and PT945's were culled from production, as were other Models of the PT900 series Pistols, the parts went out of production.

As has been suggested earlier, you need to get a plating kit and plate those parts yourself. You might even wind up with better plated parts. You might even be able to do other guns in your inventory and have learned a skill. Priceless!

·
Registered
19 Posts
You are most likely right, I've just searched everywhere that i thought there might be a possibility of finding any with no luck. At this time i have sent a part out to have it jeweled. I don't want it gaudy but use it for B.B.Q. GUN. If it turns out right i plan to post a picture. If not, It will be the gun most shot of my small lot.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
Another option for makeing the ultimate BBQ piece is to find an engraver and then be original. The sky is the limit then, but then so could be the cost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts