Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I did finally take some photos of the old lady's little Mauser Bolt action 22. It was made in Vienna, Austria and appears to be Pre WWII. Overall length is 36 Inches. All it says is Mauser Lien6 Arsenal Vienna, Austria. I am fairly sure it was made as a youth model, caliber .22 single shot, and that the stock was not cut down. It has a Knurled takedown Machined nut. There are no other markings or a date. I know some of the Mauser training rifles have fairly good value, and I feel this little guy may be worth some bucks. If anyone has any Idea about this little gun or idea of value, I would appreciate your input.

Mauser Cricket 1.jpg Mauser Cricket 3.jpg Mauser Cricket 4.jpg Mauser Cricket 2.jpg

I didn't have quite enough light, and the camera I was using doesn't take good macro shots.

Yes, I realize this is post 20,000 and I don't expects light, bells or whistles to go off. Nor do I expect Smokewagon to show up at my front door with my commemorative engraved PT 1911. I probably won't get a 6th Star, nor hopefully will I become president of anything.

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Well if it is any help, they had a Mauser .22 at the kids shoot I take my son to, last month. It also appeared to be a youth size rifle right around the same length. The owner brought it for some of the other kids to shoot. If he is there again at the end of this month I will ask if he has any info on it. I do recall him saying it was his grandfathers. It was a nice shooter.

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Just realized this was in the wrong section, might get more response if it gets moved to Other Long Gun section.

·
Registered
32,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just realized this was in the wrong section, might get more response if it gets moved to Other Long Gun section.
Maybe some moderator will be so kind as to move it.

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
I took my son to the kids shoot again this past weekend. The Mauser was there again. The owner said he was told the following:

They were made between WWI & WW2.
There were many changes to them in the short time they were made. It is hard to find two alike.
Two versions were made, a target rifle for the United States, and a Training Rifle for military use.

I did not have my camera to take pictures of it.

Reactions: Jake3501
1 - 5 of 5 Posts