Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow 24/7 owners. Wondering what your guy's takes on paracord bracelets and what not are. Anyone use them? Im thinking about getting one from KillerCords.com

Seems like a cool company, havent heard of them before but looks like good stuff. I have seen the survival straps and they seem way over priced compared to killer cords and other paracord sites.
Well anyway just wondering what you guys thought of them whether good or bad chime in.

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Killercords doesn't make my size. I need a 9.5" or even larger if I want it loose.
Yea I'm BIG BONE'd my Ortho said my bones are larger than most FootBall Players he's worked on...
I just ordered one from AR15.COM for $10, we'll see how they are?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn, thats a big wrist. Im sure killercords would make it for you if you contacted them. Let me know how yours pans out.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Interesting. I use paracord a lot when camping so I'll have to look into buying some of these. About the only thing I haven't been able to make paracord work for is shoe/boot laces. It won't stay tied. Kinda weird cause when I use it to secure tarps and what not I don't have that problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. I use paracord a lot when camping so I'll have to look into buying some of these. About the only thing I haven't been able to make paracord work for is shoe/boot laces. It won't stay tied.
Is there a certain knot that you could tie to get it from not coming undone?

What the hell is it ???
Its paracord, it holds over 500lbs and ppl use them in hairy situations and as a just in case thing. It can be used for a ton of stuff.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Is there a certain knot that you could tie to get it from not coming undone?
About the only thing that comes close to making it work for that use is to double knot it and that only stays for a little bit. I use something similar to a square knot when securing it to other things.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I pulled the trigger. Should be here in a few days I hope. Will let you know how the customer service is and how fast the shipping is.

In terms of ordering it was super easy. Just picked my size and colors and a little cart thing pops up and takes you to paypal so its secure and they dont have my credit card info on file.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About the only thing that comes close to making it work for that use is to double knot it and that only stays for a little bit. I use something similar to a square knot when securing it to other things.

Interesting. Hope I dont have to use mine. Its more of a "better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" kinda thing

·
Registered
570 Posts
I may get a couple and throw them in my bug out bag.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I bought a big spool of past-its-prime 550 cord about fifteen years ago, and I use it for all kinds of stuff. What I have is no longer suitable for parachutes, but it's still great lightweight rope. I usually pull the strands out of the middle, and just use the casing - which in itself is pretty doggone strong. If I wanted a bracelet of it I'd probably just look for some macrame instructions and braid one. I can't remember exactly what I paid for the spool, but I remember it being pretty reasonable for what it is. And it's looking more and more every day like I bought a lifetime supply. As far as buying it in a bracelet, I'm not sure I see the utility. Just not enough of it there to really do much with it - and you're paying a premium. Who knows though - might save your life one day. Sometimes it's best to just listen to that little voice in your head. As long as it's not saying "helter skelter, helter skelter." :D:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
eya I hear ya, Im not good at the arts and crafts thing and thought might as well give it a shot and I dont wanna have to buy the cord, the buckles and try and learn how to build one when I can just do a few clicks and ones at my door. Its the whole convenience factor.

And I guess there is about 10-12 feet of cord in the bracelets, thats quite a bit for just little things. I mean im not tying down something massive but kinda a just in case thing. Its worth a shot for me. Plus I have been reading up on paracord and they have 7 inner strands that hold like 50lbs each and that adds another 70ft of more cord for little things. Even seen this one guy make a fishing reel out of the inside strands.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I buy my stuff from Survival Straps their kinda pricey but they have a lifetime warranty and half of what they charge goes to The Wounded Warrior Project. It's top quality stuff.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Good stuff for sure.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I put it on all my fixed blade knives. There's a guy close to me that sells it for $7 a hundred feet. On you tube there is a video that has a jig to make your own. I thought about making my own it's not that hard.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
UPDATE: Well I ordered my bracelets on wednesday and received them today (saturday) and wow am I impressed with the speed of shipping and the overall quality of the bracelet. I like the look of it and its very light weight. Will buy from them again. And the fitment is great, very comfortable, not too tight and not too loose.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've made some of the bracelets, they are pretty easy. You can go to YouTube and see demonstrations on how to make all sorts of things out of paracord.... from bracelets to belts, to rifle slings, and more.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
+1 Foxtail

Very easy to make. I even made a sling for my AR out of paracord, about 125' in it!

My grandmother kicked breast cancer's can not too long ago, but while she was battling we made pink camo bracelets to raise funds and awareness as part of relay for life.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts