Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LGS has some ammo made by Lancer. I've not heard of them, internet search didn't help. Anyone know anything about them, and if they are well regarded?

·
Registered
36,319 Posts
LGS has some ammo made by Lancer. I've not heard of them, internet search didn't help. Anyone know anything about them, and if they are well regarded?
not familiar with the name--is it new, or remanufactured ammo( Reloads?)

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
Probably going to see a lot of "off brands" for the next few months, if not years. Do the boxes say where it's manufactured?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as I can tell, it is new. Nowhere does it say 're-manufactured' on the box.

Under the name Lancer it says "Custom Ammunition Manufacturer".

·
Registered
31,907 Posts
Id the price is reasonable and you can get it, I would get it!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No one at the LGS has the answer to those questions?
Not the 2 there at the time. Even if they did have an answer, I would still prefer to have some confirmation from an alternate source before buying. It is likely fine stuff, just checking.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Not the 2 there at the time. Even if they did have an answer, I would still prefer to have some confirmation from an alternate source before buying. It is likely fine stuff, just checking.
Unless the LGS is some big box store where the people working there aren't involved in the business other than ringing it up that doesn't look good for the business. They're buying and selling stuff that they supposedly know nothing about? :(

Heck, even when my local Walmart sold ammo even the main person that was behind the counter at least knew a little bit about what they were selling.

The problem with thinking that they're fine stuff is who wants to be the test dummy with an expensive firearm? If you use it and your gun is damaged will the LGS take care of it? I doubt it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Interesting ... found this:

Dun&Bradstreet went a bit further, by listing the company as having four employees, a $275,000 annual revenue, and a phone number for Mike Foushee. My guess is Lancer is a small mom-and-pop setup running some used automation from AmmoLoad USA, since president is listed as Patricia Foushee, and treasurer is James Foushee.
So I’m thinking family operation, with mom as president to take advantage of the small business opportunities for women owned companies.

Reactions: MadKaw and Valjean

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Yeah, it feeds the Lancer Rifle from Gears of War, right?

Reactions: Valjean
1 - 14 of 14 Posts