Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Administrator
All I've ever fed mine is 230 gr. round nose, lead. 100% reliability. But I can see semi wadcutters being a problem in some semi automatic pistols. That may be why I've never tried them in mine.

Registered
I run 200gr swc through my PT1911 with no problems.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Registered
I've used the Ranier 200 gr. SWC with no problems. Watch overall length, taper crimp - and don't over-crimp.

Registered
I use Berry's 185 gr hollow base round nose (HBRN) in my 1911s without any feeding issues at all. The bullet profile is exactly the same as a 230 gr RN with a hollow base. I have found them to be very soft shooting and very accurate.

Registered
I have shot well over 1000 of my 200 grain SWC reloads from my PT1911 in the past year without any issues at all.

Registered
No problems at all. Mine fed everything right out of the box.

Registered
Not that it is the same gun but my brothers RIA 1911 Tactical would not accept the SWC 200 Gr reloads we tried to feed it.
But my Mil Pro PT145 wasn't complaining.

Registered
It's my favorite bullet. All versions of the 200grswc (H&G #68 ) have fed flawless out of my PT1911SS. It shoots them the most accurate also.

Yep, I run almost all SWC. Missouri Bullet Company is where I get the majority of my bullets, only ever had one feed failure, and that was my fault.

Registered
Yep, I run almost all SWC. Missouri Bullet Company is where I get the majority of my bullets, only ever had one feed failure, and that was my fault.
I'm loading hard cast 200 gr. SWC today, what OAL are you using, my lee manual calls for 1.190 using Accur #5.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts