1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
A guy I work with has one. He's into WWI & WWII era rifles.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
I had one 10 years ago, bought what I wanted to collect and let it expire.

Sadly the days of cheap and plentiful military surplus firearms is gone.

I remember buying Swiss K-31's from AIM for 99.00 Enfields and Mausers for 149.00.

I had my FFL on file with 8 of the major distributors it was hard to keep my finger off the buy button.

You do have to keep a log of your purchases but you can destroy your records when you let your license expire.

Another plus was a lot of wholesalers will give you a dealers discount on a 03 license.

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have one I got about 5yrs. ago. I also have 13 or so WW1 and WW2 era assorted rifles. As stated it sure is hard to not hit " Buy Now "

·
Registered
272 Posts
I got mine about 6 months ago. I got it because the WWII pistols and rifles my grandfather gave to me motivated me to collect. So far because of the cost of the items I'm interested in, the FFL hasn't been used.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
I am on my 2nd renewal of my CCR. I use it for a lot of things besides military weapons.I have purchased a number of Ruger Blackhawk's, single 6's, Smith and Wessons, and Colt handguns that are more than 50 years old. Accr does not mean only old military weapons. In addition most of the large distributors online Midway Brownells and a number of others all give dealer discount if you have a CCR on file with them. I have purchased parts from Ruger because I have a CCR they sell them to me as a dealer with the same discount as any gunsmith or gun dealer. A ccr is easy to get it is not expensive and if I can help anyone with getting their own please email me, p.m. me here, or even post on this thread and I will do what I can to help.

Don

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
I had one 5-10 tears ago, bought everything I wanted and let it expire.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I gave it some serious thought but never followed through.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts