Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at a Kel-Tec PMR-30 and thought it was pretty cool.

Does anyone here have one and how do you like it?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I have mixed feelings, like the weight, feel of the grip, 30rounds is great and the trigger is very nice but IMO fixed sights on this gun should be a crime and it has some problems with certain ammo. When our shop has them they sell for $380, so the price is right but they are hard to get and I am sure most we sell end up on Gunbroker for a sizable markup.

·
Registered
15,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am seeing them online in the $800 range, which is no way for me.

I have not found one locally.

·
Super Moderator
40,725 Posts
I have seen mixed reviews on them, I like the feel of them in my hand. When I do see them prices are to high.

·
Registered
15,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am attracted to the capacity and the .22 WMR is a pretty potent little cartridge.

·
Administrator
35,792 Posts
Any thoughts besides, I want one? I was seriously looking at these a couple of years ago, but now I'm kinda glad I never pulled the trigger....I haven't seen 22WMR ammo in a very long time.

Reactions: RScottie

·
Registered
15,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems to be a gun that is hard to find as I haven't spoken to anyone that has ever shot one.

·
Registered
526 Posts
They are awesome for camping/survival/general purpose...as long as you get the gen2 that fixed the first ones issues. Too bad Keltec has low production rate and its in high demand so its going for 2-3x msrp.

·
Registered
37,357 Posts
I have shot 2 of them at the range, I can't say for sure but think both were the original issue, not the so called improved(corrected/repaired).
One was having significant problems operating, course there were 4 guys on 2 different lanes swapping it out and shooting the hell out of it?
but my first impressions were-- extreme muzzle flash and very expensive to shoot, especially if just banging away as fast as you can.
I mean generally you can shoot 38 Spl or 9MM as cheap?
and then why would i ever need a 30 round capacity 22?
maybe if attacked by a group of ninja squirrels as i walked through the woods?
add to this the somewhat long list of 22 mgnum semi auto pistols from the past and they really don't have a very good track record.
as you can see i am not a big fan of the gun as it really doesn't fill a need for me.
but then again I guess its all in what you are looking for.

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Registered
15,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have shot 2 of them at the range, I can't say for sure but think both were the original issue, not the so called improved(corrected/repaired).
One was having significant problems operating, course there were 4 guys on 2 different lanes swapping it out and shooting the hell out of it?
but my first impressions were-- extreme muzzle flash and very expensive to shoot, especially if just banging away as fast as you can.
I mean generally you can shoot 38 Spl or 9MM as cheap?
and then why would i ever need a 30 round capacity 22?
maybe if attacked by a group of ninja squirrels as i walked through the woods?
add to this the somewhat long list of 22 mgnum semi auto pistols from the past and they really don't have a very good track record.
as you can see i am not a big fan of the gun as it really doesn't fill a need for me.
but then again I guess its all in what you are looking for.
You make some good points about what need it would fill, but then again sometimes gun purchases are not always about need!

I was not aware that .22 WMR was that expensive, just assumed it would cost about what .22 LR costs. I do not have a reference for it's cost prior to Obama.

High ammo price would definitely put another mark in the "not sure" column.

I was thinking it would be a decent SHTF type weapon that you could carry a lot of ammo for. I also figured the ballistics would be better than regular .22 LR.

I will keep it on my list for when I win the lottery, but will probably just go with either a nice Model 94 or an MKIII or Buckmark in .22 LR.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts