Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a PT101 AFS from Auction Arms.com... checked last nite... should be getting it later this week (I hope )

Just wanted to see what ( if any ) problems people have had with this gun so I can be prepared....

Would appreciate ANY feedback on this one...

Thanks

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
It should be fairly accurate and reliable gun...Only thing I can think of is that the gun was designed for 9mm and may not last as long as 9mm veriants...

I'm not sure about PT101 but I know Beretta 92 and 96 both use the same recoil spring -13lbs. So might be a good idea to get a heavier recoil spring say around 15lbs... Also if you plan to shoot it a lot I'd get a new design Beretta locking block (as a spare)...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O.K... thanks for the info..... I appreciate it....

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I used to have a PT101AF. It was junk!!!
Just kidding. I loved it, but really wanted something cheaper to shoot, so I sold it
and got a PT99. I think you'll be real happy with it. I remember the gun you bought. It's already your avatar, right? Looks good.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Thunder.. that IS the gun... should be in end of the week I hope.... wanna shoot it for awhile.... gonna have surgery on May 7th so wanna practice with it before I carry....

Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
50 Posts
If its anything like my PT-100, it'll be devastatingly accurate. I think its more accurate than my Beretta 96 was. Enjoy!

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
I've owned a PT-101 for several years. Blued, and have had zero problems. Quite manageable recoil, and accurate. I've put over 1000 rounds through it. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the input I appreciate it... hopefully will be in this week... cant wait to get out and try it....

Will let ya know how it goes.....

Thanks again...

·
Registered
9 Posts
JR,what weight,type and brand of bullets/cartridges do you usually shoot through it.

I just bought a used PT101 in stainless for $350 in new shape and put it on layaway.

I can't wait to take it to the range.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I too was going to ask you what type of ammo you used... for

1) practice

and 2) in the carry mode....

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Sorry that I took a couple of days to get back. I have been using 165 grain #23970 Speer Gold Dots for carry, and Fiocchi #40SWA 170 gr. FMJ for practice. I bought a couple of cases of the Fiocchi back in 2000.

Velocities are about the same, +/- 10 fps, and the FMJ is 5 gr. heavier.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
O.K. guys... thanks for the input.. I appreciate it....

Paul

1 - 15 of 15 Posts