Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
That is a pocket holster and to try to carry a 27/7C .40 in one is unreasonable at best.
I have the same firearm, Inside the pants and small of the back are the best spots for me to carry it in.
The gun is just too big for pocket carry unless you have HUGE pants.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TheBulldog said:
That is a pocket holster and to try to carry a 27/7C .40 in one is unreasonable at best.
I have the same firearm, Inside the pants and small of the back are the best spots for me to carry it in.
The gun is just too big for pocket carry unless you have HUGE pants.
I can fit my Taurus 24 / 7 Pro .40 in my front pocket with very little exposure! I was just wondering if the "Nemesis" would be the way to go or just continue to CC in my pocket! It is kind of a larger pistol, but I can CC it pretty well! Take Care!

·
Administrator
40,363 Posts
I use a DeSantis Superfly for pocket carry. Same as a Nemesis, only it has a removable flap, for more break up of the firearm outline if desired. However, I use it for a pocket pistol. I can vouch for the quality though. Quite durable and comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
21,796 Posts
I always use a holster even in my pocket it keeps away lint and junk that could cause a problem. plus breaks up printing.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I have two: one for my PT145 and one for my Ruger LCP. I also have a 24/7 .45 ACP. Even the PT145 is too big for pocket carry in most situations, unless you are talking about a heavy winter coat. Even then, the weight of the gun and the ammo will pull one side of your coat much lower than the other side.

On the other hand, if you are just looking for something to store the 24/7 in it is a well made holster.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm carrying my back-up S&W 642 snubby in a Nemesis as I type this. Works great for little, light guns, but I doubt that a 24/7 would work that well as a pocket gun. Try some of the holster makers on the web. Many have information as to what holster works for what gun. I found a pocket holster for my Taurus 617, 7 shooter snubby, but that revolver is just too heavy to work well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I use one when I pocket carry my snubbie.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I carry a PT-145 in a DeSantis Nemesis often. It works just fine in the inside pocket of my cargo pants/shorts. The trick when trying on this type of pants is to make sure that the pocket is deep enough and that the opening is easy enough to get your hand, with the firearm in it, out easily. The outer pocket prevents "printing". I like cargo pants because I don't like sitting on my wallet.

Obviously, this won't work for all types of pants/shorts. Neither do a lot of other types of holsters. That's why some forum members talk about having a drawer full of holsters, I guess. With a pocket holster, you can put your hand on your firearm and look as natural as can be. Guys often walk or stand with a hand or hands in their pocket and no one gives it a second thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts