Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one this afternoon for a fun plinking target gun. I love the feel of the gun and was wondering what you are using as far as scopes ?? Thinking about a BSA red dot. Any input ? :-\

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
should have posted this in "other firearms"

i dont have a neo's but they do look like decent guns.. actually reminds me of my S&W 22a which i do enjoy.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, Thought I did.. Maybe a mod can help me out here. Thanks

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Sorry, Thought I did.. Maybe a mod can help me out here. Thanks
No problem! :)

I don't have the U22 but have shot one. I'm a Beretta fan but have to say the grip a bit too small for my hand otherwise a nice gun. since it's a .22 pistol probably any red dot will do; no need to worry about the recoil and since most of your shooting will likely be (I'm guessing) under 25m again no need to wory about the size if the dot at longer distances...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gray Wolf

·
Registered
959 Posts
muttmutt,... I have a friend that has a U22 Neos... He loves it...<:))

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I don't own one, but the more I've researched both the NEOS as well as the price range it falls into, the more I like it. :D

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have one and its a great shooter, I dont know anything about scopes for it but it is one fun little plinker and very reliable aswell

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A couple pics of the Plinker

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice MuttMutt, the blue inserts add a nice contrast to the black.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The factory sights are pretty good on the Hi-Point carbines, they are the same style as the military aperture sights found on the AR-15, M-14, and others. Good as it gets for open sights, actually. To me, a scope does not make a lot of sense on this carbine. Using mine with open sights, I can see and hit some very small groups at 25 yards, and at 50 yards (which really represents the maximum effective range for the carbine), the groups spread out a fair amount, which I don't think scope would tighten up much. This was the case with my friend's Hi-Point carbine, I had a chance to fire it with a 4x scope, all it did was help us to see better how far apart the bullet holes were.

Anyway, it's a great favorite reliable plinker of mine, highly recommended, but a scope...not on this one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts