Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Taurus made PT 91 which is PT92 chambered into .41 Action Express

anyone here owns or shot one?

does .41AE have a similar OAL to 9mm? or was the frame altered?

I wish they made one in 10mm 8)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I hadn't heard of that one, although over the years Taurus has created many, many firearms that they did not bring to the Ameuican market, may have sold over sea's or to special customers and friends.

·
32,612 Posts
.41AE kits and guns by different companies seems to have gotten started and then disappeared altogether.

There were a number of reasons for this.Whether it was function problems, lack of magazines, lack of market, and the introduction of the .40 S&W cartridge, and others, the .41AE became enmeshed in controversy.

There seem to be guns that function well with the .41 caliber cartridge, but many did not for various reasons.

Looked for these in every source I have and came up empty.Production may have resulted in prototypes only for Taurus. Here anyway.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read that Taurus made them in '89 but didn't say for long; all it said is "PT91 was short-lived" I'm sure .40S&W cartrige had a lot to do with it since it came out in '90 IIRC and was adopted by FBI and soon became LEO flavour...

btw I found out that OAL of .41 is pretty much the same as of 9mm and .40 which makes sence.

*I'm talking about an article in Gun buyers 2004 Hanguns guide, which was posted on Taurus website for some time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts