Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PT1911 is on order :D and I've been thinking about ordering Alumagrips for it. 8)

Anyone has them on their 1911? btw anyone knows how the stock Taurus grips compare to their slim line grips?

·
Registered
906 Posts
I just ordered some of the Alumagrips Sunday and their new mag well they are making. I will post pics as soon as I get them.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
Did you get the reglar or the slim grips?

Please let up know a how they compare to the stock Pt1911 grips thickness wise.
I ordered the regular grips. I will give a full report upon receiving the items.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
Did you get the reglar or the slim grips?

Please let up know a how they compare to the stock Pt1911 grips thickness wise.
These grips are smooth! I ordered the complete coverage for the checkering pattern, normal checkering depth, regular grip thickness, ambidextrous tang option and mag well option.

I notice on their site that they made grips for the Nighthawk and Thunder Ranch. So I went to a gun store and looked around for a 1911 with these style grips, asked the salesman if I could check it out. I was able to find a Nighthawk pistol and the craftsman ship on these grips are superb.

I went with the normal checkering depth, because that's what the Nighthawk pistol had on at the gun store.
They also offer a aggressive and very aggressive checkering depth at Alumagrips, but I didn't want to go that route without first trying them out.

I also replaced the grip screws with a set from their site. (side note:the factory grip screws were very loose)

I emailed the company on a Sunday, within a few hours the owner wrote me back and gave me his cell number. Very nice guy and answered all my questions. Placed the order that afternoon April 6th, and had my order in hand by the 15th.

All in all, I am very happy with grips. I did have to file the mag well a little to get it to fit flush, only because I am a perfectionist.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for posting! BTW do you notice any difference in grip thickness? Was the factory grip the same width or thiner?

I'm thinking of getting smooth, white grips for my PT1911ss when it finally shows up...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
Thanks for posting! BTW do you notice any difference in grip thickness? Was the factory grip the same width or thiner?

I'm thinking of getting smooth, white grips for my PT1911ss when it finally shows up...
The thickness is about the same. Just the texture is a whole lot better for me.
They do offer slim grips at Alumagrips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts