Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I was, but it's cold and I'm a cold wuss.

I may try to make it out next week on one of my 4 days off. :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Its cold up here. Canada is only an hour away, so you know what I mean. Might be a while before things heat up around here.

Reactions: gyro_cfi

·
32,614 Posts
Have an indoor range 4 minutes from here, so do not mind the weather. Have to try the PT111 again. Been awhile since that one has been used. Shooting informal bullseye competition for the last few months. Have to try the daughter out on the Taurus .357 magnum revolvers. She will be shooting wadcutters to get used to a "big bore" compared to the Ruger rimfire she has been using. Got a look at the "new moderators" here. Hmmm. You folks sound familar.Where or where would we have met. Abu Dhabi? No. St. Petersburg? Naw. Must be from the old site. Much nicer here.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Currently stuck working 6 days a week for atleast the rest of the month. Possible but not likely that I'll make it out saturday.

There has been many a time that I've done my loading sitting the the warm vehicle then gone out to shoot. Just be careful that you don't put any new holes in your vehicle. Mine have always left with the same number of holes as when I pulled in.

Steelheart

·
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steelheart said:
Currently stuck working 6 days a week for atleast the rest of the month. Possible but not likely that I'll make it out saturday.
Geez .. sounds like me before my hours got cut. I was working 55-60 hours a week. :eek:

·
Registered
984 Posts
I don't shoot on the weekends. The snow birds and tourists are all over the place.
Weekday mornings are my time.

AFS

·
Registered
189 Posts
A six month gun ban will be implemented in our country starting next week due to the upcoming campaign period for the national elections that will be held in May. :eek: This weekend is all that I have left to do some practice firing. :mad:

·
32,614 Posts
Flyer, Wadcutters are lead or jacketed bullets that are a perfect cylinder in shape and are flush with the case mouth of the cartridge case. Nothing sticks out of the brass case. These are mild target rounds that move out at roughly 650 feet per second or as high as around 750 feet per second. These wadcutters are for punching perfect round holes in a paper target for bullseye shooters shooting centerfire handguns. These were used in the formal matches for many decades when revolvers were the target champs supreme. Then semi-autos took over and Colt and S&W built specialized semi-autos to handle shooting the mild loads. Speed does not equal accuracy. Reloaders use them for light practice rounds. These will not feed through normal pistols. just through revolvers and afore mentioned target pistols. Also good for getting new shooters used to firing centerfire handguns. Never are wadcutters to be used as defense loads. Many Urban myths about the wounding effect and stopping power have been making the rounds for many years. Usually the wadcutters come in 148 grain flavors. There are other weights. Lots of shooters made their own from molds and still do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
matanglawin9mm said:
A six month gun ban will be implemented in our country starting next week due to the upcoming campaign period for the national elections that will be held in May. :eek: This weekend is all that I have left to do some practice firing. :mad:
What you been smoking, Willis??

Even with the Demonrats in power, they couldn't pull this off this fast!!!

The NRA, JFPO, Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, et.al. would be all over it like a starving couger on a steak!!

The major networks would be crowing it up, telling us what a good and sensible thing it was!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
denfoote said:

The NRA, JFPO, Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, et.al. would be all over it like a starving couger on a steak!!

The major networks would be crowing it up, telling us what a good and sensible thing it was!!

I don't think he lives in the US of A...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a brand new model 94, SS, red dot scoped that hasn't been fired yet. Yes I'll be at the range this weekend............K

·
Registered
189 Posts
denfoote said:

Chill denfoote. The 6-month gun ban that I mentioned will be implemented not in the USA but here in the Philippines. Owning guns (and carrying them outside of residence) here is not a right but merely a privilege...so my 9mm PT24/7 Pro will be staying home until a new set of Senators, Congressmen and local government officials get elected and assume office in June. I guess you guys are luckier as far as firearms ownership is concerned.

Btw...I don't smoke.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Goin to be a wonderful 20 something degrees with freezing rain all weekend here. Plus I gotta work saturday; so no range time this weekend for me. Can't wait for better weather though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We have our winter IDPA match on monday night(indoors)and I'll be shooting my PT945.We shoot every monday night all year.I also try and get out a couple timer a month to an outdoor combat range..but this weekend looks cold and rainny....although I may shoot in my yard(I live in the woods)if I get a chance and it's not too cold and crappy.
I'll tell you I just got the 945 about a month ago,and I love it.I'm gonna try and classify in IDPA w/ it on the 22nd.I post my results after..T

·
Registered
33 Posts
Qwiks draw said:
Flyer, Wadcutters are lead or jacketed bullets that are a perfect cylinder in shape and are flush with the case mouth of the cartridge case. Nothing sticks out of the brass case. These are mild target rounds that move out at roughly 650 feet per second or as high as around 750 feet per second. These wadcutters are for punching perfect round holes in a paper target for bullseye shooters shooting centerfire handguns.
Hey bud thank's for the info because I have two box's of .38cal "wadcutter" CCI's in a drawer and I was like "what the heck"! I just inherited a S&W .38 snub and Colt .357 "Trooper MKIII" from my stepdad who passed away on Christmas Eve and I did not know anything about those bullet's. Although mine are pitted like a hollow point almost but these bullet's are atleast 10-15yr's old. Those gun's are MINT as only 20-30 round's have been fired through them since they were bought new 15-20yr's ago, well except the 95 round's I fired yesterday through the 38.

Sorry for going OT,
Gregg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does shooting squirrels count as shooting?

I got two today: a gray and a red.

And, yes, it's snowing, and it's 20 degrees outside. That's what hats and coats are for.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I took time to slip over to a local range yesterday. Relating to this forum, I shot 10 rounds of CCI Blazer 200gr Gold Dot through my Taurus 445 (.44Spl). I may be a wimp, but that was enough pain for one day. I bought this gun as a "woods gun" with the intent of getting into handloading.

I can pretty much hit the target at 10 yds, and if I really need it, I doubt that I will feel the sting.

·
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guy I used to work for took a .44 mag (not sure of brand) deer hunting once. He was in a tree stand so he had limited movement. He saw something behind him and could only move in a way he was shooting over his left shoulder with his right hand, back still against the tree. The recoil of the gun made it come up and hit him in the face. He said it was the only shot he could get, but took it and made the shot. He had a notable mark on his face for the next few days.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts