Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The deadline for filing Individual Income Tax returns is Tuesday and I was wondering if y'all were going to
get a new gun with their tax refund if you are receiving one. I'm not, I owe the glorious motherland some
money on Federal and State levels, so there will be no gun for me with any tax refunds.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Not this time around, I'm afraid!!

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Spent my refund on paying off debt.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Received my refund almost a month ago and Yes, I had planned to buy a new gun.
Problem is, I can't decide on what I really need. (Lots of "wants"; not so much "needs".)

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Got my refund 6 weeks ago. A portion went for my new PT740 - some new holsters, GunVault NV300 for the Blazer, and other shooting paraphernalia - still have some left over just itching to be spent.:D

I did leave a big chunk with the IRS for quarterly estimated taxes and have already sent another check for 1st. qtr. 2012. I just love paying taxes.

Reactions: ncfarmer

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I already did. I always get my refund in Feb. I file online and get a direct deposit.
I bought an old Sig P228. I believe its the best gun I have ever had.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Nope. We were suppsoed to get over $300 but they decided to pay off my VA bill which was in dispute with it instead. The rest went to pay down debt.

Sarge

·
Registered
515 Posts
I don't think so..plenty of return dollars but we have too many other needs.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I did. Actually bought 5 of the ones in my sig :)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Part of it already on a 709 and the rest was on catching up some bills.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Upon further review, I will be receiving a refund of one whole dollar on the State level.
I guess I'll use that to buy the stamps to mail in my Federal and State returns. I still owe
our glorious Federal government some of my hard earned money to pay the salaries of
our president, congress and various government officals so they can find more ways to
take more money out of my bank account.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Anyone Giong To Spend Their Tax Refund On A New Gun?
Sort of - I ordered an ARC-22 for my AR. It's CMMG's 22 lr conversion for AR's. I ordered the stainless steel version with three 25-round magazines, and I'm anxious to see how it performs.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Not me. I had to put my refund towards next years federal taxes because I'll owe them next year for sure.
Plus I moved into a state with state taxes (to Colorado, from Texas) and will have to pay quarterly state taxes for next year, PLUS owing CO taxes for 4 months on 2011.
STATE TAXES SUCK!

·
Super Moderator
17,623 Posts
I owe a couple of hundred. Maybe I could just send them a .22 rifle as payment?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts