Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Anyone following this shooting near Louisville, KY

8K views 87 replies 20 participants last post by  Doctor_Venkman 
#1 ·
(I thought this was the best place for this post since the shooter did have a valid concealed carry permit)

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=8580276&nav=menu31_2

New details learned about the woman involved in a road rage shooting
Almost two weeks after a southern Indiana road rage shooting, new details continue to emerge. The victim left the hospital over the weekend and Monday gave a formal statement to police.

Attorney Larry Wilder says Jeffersonville Police have asked his client, Wes Mosier, to not make any public statements until a grand jury hears the case, so he's speaking for him. He says Yalanda Parrish has a pattern of threatening and aggressive behavior.

Of his client, Wilder says, "Do I think it was good common sense? Absolutely not. Particularly when there are people like Mrs. Parrish who have handguns who are looking for people to shoot."

Wilder says Mosier may not have done everything right on June 17th, but he was not the aggressor in the road rage shooting. "Mr. Mosier did not express any anger, did not threaten anyone, walked up to the window."

Wilder says Parrish had been driving aggressively and Mosier got off his bike at the intersection of 10th Street and Allison Lane to ask her why. Then, he says, "She told him that today was his lucky day. He asked what she meant and she said, 'I'm going to kill you.'"

Wilder says Parrish pulled out her .38 revolver, "turned it sideways, gangster style, and shot him in the chest."

Wilder says circumstances show it was not self-defense. "Forty one times this woman could have turned left or right to have taken her out of a situation she says she thought was fearful from the beginning. He's not a very large man. He had on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. Clearly he had no weapon." (Dr. V says "We all know better. It's not impossible to conceal a weapon when wearing shorts & t-shirt)

According to the police, the victim did not have any sort of deadly weapon on him at the time of the shooting. Also, from the reports I've seen this woman appears to have been trigger happy. It's not mentioned in this report, but supposedly she had brandished her weapon before during a road rage incident.

This has been turned over to a grand jury to determine if the shooter should be charged.

I would love to see the police report and a transcript of the grand jury testimony.

I'd love to read your thoughts on this.

#2 ·
Well, from what I see so far, she's not a good advertisment for concealed carry. Doesn't make the rest of us look good. But apparently there will be more to the story. I'd like to hear it.

#3 ·
Yeah, the way the news is making her look is not good for Concealed Carry Permit holders reputations. I'll try to keep this thread updated with any changes that come along.

If you Google "Yalanda Parrish" you can find other reports on the same story.

#6 ·
The problem with this case, rmeron, is that it doesn't appear that she was actually in danger. We don't know exactly what happened. But from what has been reported on the news by witnesses the man approached her SUV in a non-threatening manner. The 911 call was released as well and it sounded as if she was more pissed off than scared.

I totally believe in someone's right to defend themselves, but this may be a case of someone that really didn't have the temperment to own a gun & a CC permit.

#7 ·
I agree with Doc here, the CCW holder must have a mature and rational ability to analyze situations. You can't just shoot at someone because you think they are a threat, 12 other people have to agree that they would have seen it as a threat as well.

#8 ·
Reading further into some of the articles,one can safely assume this lady was waiting for the day to shoot someone.What mosier did wasn't very smart to begin with, come on we all deal with knucleheads on the road, everyone is in a hurry to get somewhere fast, It says in the article she pulled her gun out on somebody before and the person stopped. well i guess its for a jury to decide but personally i think she was too hot headed.I see most or all of us read and learn and educate ourselves on different scenerios go to the range and practice,We make the effort to learn as much as we can, then there are others who get a permit and thats it they know it all, they are gonna shoot somebody or anybody who looks to them as a threat i didnt see this guy as a threat he didnt touch her car nor her,he didnt try to force her out of her vehicle. i can only go by what i read but then again we cant always go by what we read.i heard the 911 recording.Something just doesnt sound right here,anyways here is the link to the video.

http://www.wlky.com/video/16665132/index.html

#9 ·
If her defense attorney could convince at least one of the twelve jurors that the shooting was justified, she will be OK if there is no re-arrest. No matter what one thinks about this case, in a court of law right or wrong has little relevance. It is how the case is presented, the credibility of the witnesses, and the makeup of the jury. With that said, I am not gambling that she will prevail in court. The "lucky day" comment will not demonstrate credibility on the defendant's part.

#10 ·
not really, most juries start out with some for guilty and some not guilty what happens is the two sides try to convince the others.

it's really not all that uncommon to have a 6v6 split jury at the start of deliberations.
usually one side will win out after a day or two, if someone refuses to change their vote you end up with a hung jury.

#12 ·
Myetball said:
Based on the news articles regarding the law in this case, they state deadly force is authorized if "a reasonable person believes....." What about an unreasonable person? Hahahah.
We call those people "Liberals" and fortunately, most of them don't own guns.

#14 ·
Why would you try to reason with someone who is driving like a mainiac. What do you think your going to accomplish. I leave people acting strange alone! its not my job to convince some crazy that they are nuts. This guy lost his life trying to to be rational. see what a hug will get you.

#16 ·
45 Forever said:
Why would you try to reason with someone who is driving like a mainiac. What do you think your going to accomplish. I leave people acting strange alone! its not my job to convince some crazy that they are nuts. This guy lost his life trying to to be rational. see what a hug will get you.
No. The victim is still alive and has given the police his statement on what happened. I believe he is expected to make a full recovery. He could have easily been killed though.

#17 ·
Sorry I thought they said he was dead anyway my statement stands leave crazies alone. Anything can be construed as aggression. Especially when its a man against a women. I've almost been sprayed with OC spray just because I was going to tell a lady she forgot some groceries.

#18 ·
Confronting anyone in a road rage, (poor driving, or agressive driving) situation, is in my mind the most dangerous situation that most of us can encounter. The victim, should in hind sight, pulled into a gas station, police station, or someplace off the road. If the lady followed him in and caused a problem it is a whole different world.

She should at least have her ticket pulled to carry a firearm (confiscate the gun), if she is not prosecuted (which I expect may happen) depending on the things we do not know about the evidence. If they did in fact get out and attack him after the shooting, both should be jailed. He was no longer a danger to her and her son.

#19 ·
Agree!!!!!!!!!

#20 ·
Robby said:
Confronting anyone in a road rage, (poor driving, or agressive driving) situation, is in my mind the most dangerous situation that most of us can encounter. The victim, should in hind sight, pulled into a gas station, police station, or someplace off the road. If the lady followed him in and caused a problem it is a whole different world.

She should at least have her ticket pulled to carry a firearm (confiscate the gun), if she is not prosecuted (which I expect may happen) depending on the things we do not know about the evidence. If they did in fact get out and attack him after the shooting, both should be jailed. He was no longer a danger to her and her son.
I suspect she will at least lose her permit to carry. I would not be surprised if she is indicted by the grand jury. I also agree that they both should be jailed if they did indeed assault the man after he'd been shot and was down.

#22 ·
Well I googled her name.
Turns out the dude she shot was convicted for accessory to manslaughter in 1974.
They did not give any more details to that.
So, he is no angel either.
The woman that shot the guy apparently makes this a habit.
She had an incident that she phoned into 911 3 months prior to the shooting in another road rage incident.

#24 ·
Just Googled her name, it was If I remember on the local NBC or Fox news website.

#25 ·
There have been several incidents mentioned on the local news regarding the shooter. Documented confrontation with her mailman, and also an incident at some sort of little league sporting event with another parent.

There are several online articles about this at both of these websites.

www.wlky.com the following link has the interview with man that was shot, along with links to all other posted articles at this site related to this road rage shooting.

http://www.wlky.com/news/16747944/detail.html

And more links here.

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?s=8580276

While we werent there and do not know all the details, I would have to say she had other options besides shooting this guy, but thats just my opinion.

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.