Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I've never disliked a new version of Windows as much as 10. But they don't care at all.
When you have an uncontested, government sanctioned, monopoly it's hard to care about your
customers.

My AutoCAD Fusion360 is an annual subscription. My wife pays for Adobe Creative Cloud monthly. One thing I do like about this process, you're always running the latest version. Same with Micro$oft Office 360.

As long as I'm getting regular updates, new features which I will actually use, and bug free software I'm okay with the business model.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
My desktop and my wife's LT are both running 10. My desktop updates fine but the wife's LT locks up every time it updates. I have tried everything I can think of but it still won't update.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
LOL! I'm rocking Chrome Book, and an old one (5 years old) at that! It's not much for being a "computer", but it's as reliable as a hammer. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
The nice thing about the Ubuntu install is, you're given the option of wiping your drive clean, or installing a dual boot. I had an old desktop with Windows 7 on it and Ubuntu just reformatted the entire drive. The ISO image installs to a DVD and it's bootable. Just set your computer to boot to the CD drive, and off you go. You can also install the image to a thumb drive and boot from the USB port.
I used to do that for my Windows 10 pc.It was my sister who reminded me.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts