Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been quick to praise Taurus for providing a free one-year NRA membership with every gun sold. I take advantage of it whenever I can (it's like a $35 discount on the gun), and have praised it here in print.

In early December, I bought a little PT-22 poly and fired off the app and receipt copy immediately and spent an extra $1 and got a Receiept confirmation from the PO.

Taurus says 6 to 8 weeks, so after 10 weeks had gone by, I called Taurus CS and asked. Told me the memberships were an independent company and they couldn't help unless it ran too long and "be patient for 2 more weeks". So I was. I do patience real good when I have to.

Called yesterday again, now it was way over 12 weeks, and was told they couldn't help me nor did they have a phone number for the independent company (hard to believe).

Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
19,174 Posts
No problem yet.. Still waiting for my NRA membership also...

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
I did the Taurus membership last summer, and it did take a good 10weeks before I heard anything. The problem might not all be with the
company handling the memberships for Taurus, but may be a delay on the NRA's side. The NRA's memberships all go through their Florida
processing center. With the deluge of new memberships they've seen (and are still seeing), I would imagine they are playing quite the game
of catch up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I paid my $25 directly to NRA an within 3 weeks got my 'bonus' gear bag, but the actual NRA Membership card (and request for more donations) came almost 2 months afterwards. I know the membership has increased lately, so it may be on NRA side and not Taurus' 3rd party.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Every one of mine have gone through, but they do take time. I picked up my PT1911 on Black Friday and sent the NRA offer in the next week making that the first week of December. I just received my extended membership last week. Looks like it is taking about 3 months. With people buying up the guns, and Taurus models have been flying off the shelf - especially the conceal guns - they are swamped too.

·
Registered
9,222 Posts
Be patient, the NRA has had added 500,000+ memberships since the talka of gun bans came up. I think it's a processing problem on their end more than the independent companies sending them in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.