Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rear sight became loose after a few months and it would bounce out of position after each shot fired. I have tried to tighten the allen screw and it doesnt budge either way. I have actually twisted two allen wrenches trying to take the rear sight off. Finally I just cut a thin wooden shim and locked the sight where I needed it (all the way right). anyone else having problems like this?

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
Never heard of the thing not being able to unscrew....I had a FRONT site on a Mil Pro 9mm that would always come loose after about the fifth shot - I finally bought some stuff at the store - can't remember the name but it was in a small red tube - and painted the threads with the stuff, and screwed it back in, and it never was a problem again.....in your case, you may have to take it to a gunsmith and ask them to get the thing off, then you can put something on the threads to keep it from loosening up again, then have him screw it back on.....they probably won't charge you much to do this, I would imagine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
heat the allen screw with a hair dryer.it should come out of the sight easy after heat.......put some loc-tite p/n 222 on the threads and reinstall and readjust sights......should be good to go.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.