Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Crossbreeds Supertuck Deluxe in Black Cowhide

My question is, do any of you have a supertuck for your Taurus Mill Pro series and If so do you have any pictures of you wearing it? The reason I ask is probably that im just super excited waiting for it for 3 weeks and I just wanted to see what you guys thought of the mill pro's in the supertuck
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
35,295 Posts
You and me must have ordered ours at about the same time...I'll be getting mine in about 3 weeks too !! I have a PT145 3rd gen and I've heard and read some really good things about these holsters. I can't wait to get it back...unfortunately, I'll get it back way before the Great State of Texas sends me my CHL......but thats okay. :)

Welcome to our little forum, by the way.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
I don't have the Mil Pro but I do have the same holster for my 24/7 Pro. It conceals it very well. I am a pretty big guy. 6' 4" and 285+ lbs. I usually wear a t-shirt tucked in with another shirt over it untucked. I wear the holster either on my hip or just behind the hip. Standing up you can't tell I have it on. If I sit down or bend over, the butt of the gun protrudes and prints against the outer shirt. A smaller gun like the Millennium should be a lot less obvious. I have not tried to wear it in public with the outer shirt tucked. But if it is loosely tucked it conceals pretty well when standing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Texastaurusguy.................... I feel your pain, my non resident Florida chl is due to expire and I wont get my Missouri ccw back till probably 3 weeks into June.

If my Florida CHL expires before my Missouri ccw comes in I will just disarm ( still carry in car ) and just wear my gun in my supertuck around my home and property so that it will be nice and broke in when my ccw permit comes from the great state of Missouri
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
I have one for my 111, works very well, the J clips are worth the $5 so try to add those to your order if possible, the standard clips come off my belt occasionly and it will ride up, after switching to the J clips (took me a year to get around to it) it is way better and the clips are barely noticeable.

I got mine in 7-10 days so you wait probably won't be 3 weeks. Sorry no pictures but I can wear it anyware from 2 - 4 oc with all day comfort, 5'10 200 lbs.

T shirt and overshirt work best to cover, one shirt will hang up on the grip and show much easier. Works fine tucked as well. David
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
ccw08 said:
I just ordered a Crossbreeds Supertuck Deluxe in Black Cowhide

My question is, do any of you have a supertuck for your Taurus Mill Pro series and If so do you have any pictures of you wearing it? The reason I ask is probably that im just super excited waiting for it for 3 weeks and I just wanted to see what you guys thought of the mill pro's in the supertuck
I have two of the Crossbreeds. I carry a Kimber 5" in one of them. Very comfortable for all day carry. In the other i carry a Taurus PT140 and it works just great for it for all day carry. Both holsters are very good for all day carry, they are comfortable and very easy to hide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
ccw08 said:
Texastaurusguy.................... I feel your pain, my non resident Florida chl is due to expire and I wont get my Missouri ccw back till probably 3 weeks into June.

If my Florida CHL expires before my Missouri ccw comes in I will just disarm ( still carry in car ) and just wear my gun in my supertuck around my home and property so that it will be nice and broke in when my ccw permit comes from the great state of Missouri
So what is the Missouri hold up ccw08?

If it is a renewal it should be almost instantaneous, otherwise I can see the wait based on who is issuing.

And, welcome to the forum from a fellow Missourian ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I have a Crossbread Supertuck for my Springfield XDSC 40 and I love it. It holds the gun close to your body and it doesn't feel bulky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
As for the 3 week back order... When I ordered mine in February I was told it would be 3-4 weeks. It arrived in 20 days. However, when I stopped by the Crossbreed booth at the NRA convention he said that he was swamped with orders both from normal sales and increased sales from the NRA show. Hopefully you guys aren't looking at the high end of 3-4 weeks.

If you haven't already, I recommend getting the j-hooks as well. I prefer them to the standard ones when wearing my shirt tucked in. Besides, it's nice to have a set of back up clips. If you email Crossbreed they might throw them in the shipment with your holster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
bigbad401 said:
I have a Crossbread Supertuck for my Springfield XDSC 40 and I love it. It holds the gun close to your body and it doesn't feel bulky.
Same here, I cant carry my PT-111 right now, cause one of the rear sights broke, and it a first gen, so Im kind of SOL on that. I got my crossbread in like 12 days. Just remember it worth the wait, as each holster is custom made for you. can't beat that. If you hate it in 2 weeks send it back and they will refund your money, and it's warranteed for life. What else can you ask for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Gotta disagree with Davidk--I found the J hooks just collapsed the waistband of my pants. I tried a combination of one loop and one J hook, but that still wasn't completely stable, so now I'm using both loops. (Tucker offers C hooks that might be a good compromise, but I haven't tried them.)

For the first couple weeks of wear, I played around with the height and cant adjustments until I found the combination that worked best for me. I've got it set so the top of the kydex is even with the top of my waistband. The retention was fine right out of the box, but I did have to do some work on the belt loops. They arrived slightly concave, causing the surprisingly sharp edges to scrape up my belt. I had to file/sand off the corners and use a hairdryer to soften the loops (Crossbreed provides directions on how to do this) so I could widen them in the middle.

With that done, I'm completely happy with it. Since I don't normally wear a sport coat or suit, I had to have a tuckable holster. I'm 6'1" & 155 lbs (i.e. skinny), but as long as I blouse my shirt reasonably loose there's no printing. Of course, if I bend or sit forward, that takes up the slack in the shirt and you can see the bulge, but there's no avoiding that (and printing isn't illegal in VA).

I have the natural leather backer, which has the happy side effect of providing a contrasting background for the weapon, making it more visible when untucked. (In VA, you can't CCW anywhere that has an ABC license, but you can open carry. So I just tuck my shirt in behind the holster to switch to open carry. No worries about black gun + black background = intent to conceal.)
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
35,295 Posts
Eeyore said:
Gotta disagree with Davidk--I found the J hooks just collapsed the waistband of my pants. I tried a combination of one loop and one J hook, but that still wasn't completely stable, so now I'm using both loops.
Eeyore, are you using a belt that is designed for carrying a holster, or just a regular belt?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
Eeyore, are you using a belt that is designed for carrying a holster, or just a regular belt?
It's a regular belt, 1.5" wide. It's reversible with additional leather woven on one side, so it's double/triple thick (that's why I had to expand the loops) and therefore plenty stiff.

That's all a moot point, though, because J-hooks don't transfer any weight to the belt. All they seem to do is prevent the holster from being pulled up during the draw. Since people wear all kinds of stuff on their belts these days (cell phones, MP3 players, key lanyards, even insulin pumps) I'm not worried about the belt loops being a "give-away," especially on a black belt.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top