Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a little tool that's used to open the hollow point bigger on .22 LR's so they will expand when shot from a handgun. Has anybody tried it?

JimL

·
Registered
539 Posts
Since the accuracy and lethality are improved so greatly, I wonder why the ammo manu. companies don't do this at the factory?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mrglock said:
Since the accuracy and lethality are improved so greatly, I wonder why the ammo manu. companies don't do this at the factory?
Do I detect a bit of tongue-in-cheek in that? Those are precisely what I'd want to know from anybody who's used it.

And it seems to me that a 20 penny nail used judiciously might be as effective. The 4 points should give it a little "petal" effect. (I use the term "judiciously" judiciously.)

JimL

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
interesting little gadget.. price is a bit steep though i expected it to be about half the price they're asking..

it does make wonder if a nail would work nearly as well, indeed that was my thought.
something to get an eye on at any rate i suppose.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Smacking a bullett with a hammer with primer in does not sound like a good idea to me. Maybe have the wife do it for you?? :D

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
It seems to me the shape of his rods, and the sleeve to hold the cartridge is the critical item. If you had a short piece to hold the thing tightly, and the NAIL. You could do it.

But it kind of bothers me too, to be hitting on a live round with a hammer and nail.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Robby said:
It seems to me the shape of his rods, and the sleeve to hold the cartridge is the critical item. If you had a short piece to hold the thing tightly, and the NAIL. You could do it.

But it kind of bothers me too, to be hitting on a live round with a hammer and nail.
You do understand, do you not, that you are supposed to HIT the back end of the round HARD, right on the EDGE, with the nail, right?? :D :D :D :D :D

JimL

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
JimL said:
You do understand, do you not, that you are supposed to HIT the back end of the round HARD, right on the EDGE, with the nail, right?? :D :D :D :D :D
JimL
But But BUT, I thought that was the way you Tenn. folks hunt squirrels!! :devil:

:thumb: :deadhorse:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Robby said:
I thought that was the way you Tenn. folks hunt squirrels!!
Nah, if we need some squirrel we just leave open a window and a jar of moonshine. In short order we can pick 'em up by the dozen where they fall out of the trees. :p

JimL

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
JimL said:
Nah, if we need some squirrel we just leave open a window and a jar of moonshine. In short order we can pick 'em up by the dozen where they fall out of the trees. :p

JimL
lol you joke but you konw what?, that actually sounds like a plausible way to catch'em

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
joe sixpack said:
lol you joke but you konw what?, that actually sounds like a plausible way to catch'em
Whaddya mean joke, Bubba? How else do you think I get enough squirrel to make all my world famous JimBob's Squirrel Pie?

Taurus rifles are wonderful, but even .22 ammo gets expensive when bad shot employees start shooting in quantity.

JimL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts