·
Registered
136 Posts
Where are you seeing these?
A website somewhere?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yeah, we have discussed these sights over the last year at least.

Williams FireSights is the name. Do put that in the search box, from the main page, and you will get the listing of discussions.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think at this point everything you want to know about them is on here somewhere if you search for it. Tips, tricks, photos, commentary, etc. I bought mine from Cheaper Than Dirt for about $15 less than the price you posted.

·
Registered
136 Posts
OK, I've read several threads about the Williams firesights... I just didn't realize this was about them.
The original just had model #s & prices... I thought it might've been something new.

Maybe I should've known, but.. sorry..

·
Registered
11 Posts
They are nice during the day, but not good at night. IMO I carry my PT111 with me (day & night) and I have nitesiters that do the trick for what I need it for....

·
Registered
136 Posts
OK, SinCity, I'll ask...

What do you have & where did you get them??

·
Registered
136 Posts
Geez, QuiksDRaw, you sure do break out the research, huh?
You're good.

I was asking about SinCity's recommendation about "Nitesiters"...

I googled 'em.. interesting.. for 10 bucks!?
Looks like they're just little 'decals' you stick on your sight dots?

Maybe they're great, but I worry about that old 'you get what you pay for' adage..

SinCity.. you really like them? ( 10 bucks is a low-risk investment..)

Thanks!
Tim

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was a bit curious about them and for 10 bucks, it doesn't break the bank if I didn't like them or not. So what the hell I ordered it. They are like little decals, and comes with 8 dots. And for what it is worth, it does the job. Better than spending anywhere from $80-$125 on sites.... and since I did have extra dots, I also have them on my revolver that sit on my night stand.

·
Registered
329 Posts
SinCity said:
I was a bit curious about them and for 10 bucks, it doesn't break the bank if I didn't like them or not. So what the hell I ordered it. They are like little decals, and comes with 8 dots. And for what it is worth, it does the job. Better than spending anywhere from $80-$125 on sites.... and since I did have extra dots, I also have them on my revolver that sit on my night stand.
I wonder if one could put the dots, luminescent side facing in, on the backside of the fiber optic, hit them through the fiber optic w/ the ultraviolet light, and have your fire sights glow in the dark? anyone want to try that before I do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Funny you say that! I was just asking my family that are avid gun collectors about doing something like that. May give it a try, if I get a hold of some fiber optics!

·
Registered
11 Posts
high5apparatus said:
I wonder if one could put the dots, luminescent side facing in, on the backside of the fiber optic, hit them through the fiber optic w/ the ultraviolet light, and have your fire sights glow in the dark? anyone want to try that before I do?
I've tried different variations on that thinking the same thing. I had varied success at getting it to work right. /shrug

Dave Presley
Nitesiters

1 - 13 of 13 Posts